navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Halp, or Help!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Halp, or Help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois

0 posted 2000-07-05 01:06 AM

Have a question here. I tried backing some things up on floppy. They don't come out right or really readable. I've heard you need to format the disc, but I'm not sure how to do this properly. I tried something and it said it couldn't be formatted because it was a copyrighted floppy? To remove the tab, or something to that affect. What tab are they talking about? Can anyone help me here??

Thank you in advance  

© Copyright 2000 WhtDove - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2000-07-05 02:05 AM

K Becca, hold the floppy, with the round metal piece facing you. If you look in the upper left hand corner of the floppy, you'll see a little tab. It needs to be in the down position to where you can't see light through it. That will unprotect it.

To format (in Windows) Go to your Windows Explorer and right click on the "A" drive (where "A" is the drive letter for your 3-1/2" floppy") and select "Format" Select what you want to do ( I would suggest "Full" format) and click go or start or whatever! LOL

And then you're set!

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-07-05 08:46 AM

mmmmmwwwwwwaaaaahhhhh (blowing kisses)  

Thank you Chris!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Halp, or Help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary