navwin » Discussion » Q & A » how long has passions been around?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic how long has passions been around? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
linda munday
since 2000-06-17
Posts 315
Adelaide, Australia

0 posted 2000-06-24 10:29 AM

So can anyone tell me how long this forum has been around? and who is responsible for it?
I would like to know?  It is a wonderful thing that has been organised and I would like to know if there is any way i can help it to exist.
Linda M.

© Copyright 2000 Linda Munday - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-06-24 12:13 PM

Linda~

The main site was opened to the public in December of 1998. I believe the ild forums were opened around the same time, maybe a little bit later. Last June, these forums were opened up. And we all lived happily ever after, except for when the server crashes.  

Elizabeth

I'm grabbing my hat and coat
I'm leaving the cat a note
Quick call me a ferry boat-getting out of town!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-06-24 02:22 PM

If you click on the words "Passions in Poetry" at the top left of any thread, you'll be taken to the 'main site'. This is where it all began. The main site is one of the best sites on the internet to read the works of up and coming poets. I strongly urge you to read some of it.

The 'Wizard' behind Passions in Poetry (PiP) is Ron Carnell...you can check him out in some of the posts in Ron's World! He's a wonderful person and also a great writer. His vision of a site dedicated to good poetry has exploded into what you see here.

Glad you've joined the 'family of friends'.  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-06-28 12:12 PM

Hello Linda...

It's nice to see a new member who recognizes just how special this place really is.  Ron pours a great deal of himself into its success, as you can see.  It's a labor of love that's unsurpassed, to say the least.  
We have amassed over 3000 members, the poets who make this place passionate, in just about a year.  Behind the scenes, however, it's a "one man show"... and he's magical...

Nancy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » how long has passions been around?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary