navwin » Discussion » Q & A » how do I post a response to each individual reply?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic how do I post a response to each individual reply? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.C.Turner
since 2000-04-30
Posts 83
Reading, Pa.Home of Bardfest

0 posted 2000-05-01 10:01 AM

I'm new here and would like to know how to post a response to individual replies 'cause I always like to say thank you.

© Copyright 2000 A.C.Turner - All Rights Reserved
Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

1 posted 2000-05-01 10:35 AM

You use the ‘Post Reply’ button at the top left of your thread.

All you have to do is post one reply at the bottom of your original thread and thank everyone for their replies, either individually by name within that reply or just with a general thank you. Etiquette dictates that you don’t leave it too long before replying if you can help it, bringing a thread back after a couple of weeks isn’t against any rules but should be avoided if possible. It is permissible to reply several times on the same thread as new replies are added, but I’d suggest one of the above methods posted after several replies.

Like this:

‘Thank you for all your kind replies’

Or like this:

‘ Thank you Joe for your thoughts’

‘ Good to see you Bill, how’s the wife’

‘ So what do you know you can’t write to save your life!!’ (This one shouldn’t be used, it’s a personal attack and violates the TOS, it’s also known as the ‘Can you please revoke my membership’ reply).  

Happy Posting

Craig
< !signature-->

Yes, I admit your general rule. That every poet is a fool:
But I myself may serve to show it. That every fool is not a poet.

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 05-01-2000).]

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2000-05-01 11:42 AM

Yep...that pretty much says it all.....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » how do I post a response to each individual reply?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary