navwin » Discussion » Q & A » I Really Need to Find This Poem...can You Help me?!?!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Really Need to Find This Poem...can You Help me?!?! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PLANKSTER3@AOL.COM
Unregistered
Posts 1

0 posted 2000-04-27 12:49 PM

THE POEM I AM LOOKING FOR IS ABOUT GOODBYES.  IT IS ABOUT LOVE AND LOSING.  I DON'T KNOW THE AUTHOR (I THINK IT IS UNKNOWN)  AND THE TITLE THAT I KNOW IT BY IS COMES THE DAWN.

IT STARTS OUT "AFTER A WHILE YOU LEARN THE SUBTLE DIFFERECNE BETWEEN HOLDING A HAND AND CHAING A SOUL"

IT ENDS LIKE THIS

"AND YOU LEARN AND YOU LEARN...WITH EVERY GOODBYE YOU LEARN"

THANKS A LOT!

J PLANK
DAYTON OHIO

© Copyright 2000 PLANKSTER3@AOL.COM - All Rights Reserved
sweetchild
since 2000-04-19
Posts 37

1 posted 2000-04-28 11:46 AM

After a while.....

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult,
Not the greif of a child,
And you learn to build your roads on today
beacuase tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you can really endure...
that you really are strong,
and you really do have worth.
And you learn and you learn...
with every good-bye you learn...

Veronica A. Shoffstall

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » I Really Need to Find This Poem...can You Help me?!?!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary