navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Ron...I can't E-mail a poet????
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ron...I can't E-mail a poet???? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 1999-12-15 06:16 PM

Ron...one of the poets from teen posted a peom that I moved to Adult. I told him that I would e-mail the responses to him but can not seem to do that. I click on the e-maill addy and nothing happens? The poet is Blood Ties and the poem is "Dirty Lovers under the Covers". Is there a hidden properties here? I will go back to adult and get the link for  you.

Thanks,
Marilyn.

(deleted the link as it was accessible by anyone!)

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 12-15-1999).]

© Copyright 1999 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 1999-12-15 07:00 PM

Worked fine for me.

Sometimes the browser gets confused, especially if it's still loading the page or executing some JavaScript. Here's a list of things I do when that happens...

1. Press the Stop button first, then try again. If the browser was just busy, that often solves it.

2. Right-click on the link and open it in a new browser window. That almost always works.

3. Shut down, reboot the computer, then come back and try again (that happens to me 2 or 3 times a day).

It's an unfortunate fact that our "favorite" net companies come out with browsers so darn quickly they never will get the bugs tracked down and fixed. Seems like they fix one and the next version introduces three more!  

Hope that helps!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-12-15 07:15 PM

Will this link get someone into the Forum without being granted access?
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
3 posted 1999-12-15 07:19 PM

I guess people may think I have "troublemaker" written all over me lately.... seems I've, of late, been asking a lot of questions about how things operate around here. I'm NOT trying to cause problems, really, but now I have another question .... why would we want to post a poem that a teenager wrote in the Adult Forum? If the topic and wording were considered "adult" in nature, aren't we defeating the purpose of the Adult Forum by moving the poem there? And if the poet is being e-mailed responses, well... what if the responses are "adult" in nature? To me, I would think that if a teenager posted a poem in the Teen Forum that was inappropriate for the Teen Forum, then he/she might be asked to remove the post and if not carried through, one of the moderators delete it with an explanation. I'm sorry. Really. I'm not trying to cause any problems here. I just don't understand this. Maybe someone can explain to me why it would be ok to move the poem to Adult and e-mail responsees to the teen poet. Thanks.

doreen

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 1999-12-15 07:31 PM

YIKES! I removed the link as it was viewable by anyone!

Doreen, the original poem was posted in Teen and when it was determined it was unsuitable, it was moved to Adult.  As a courtesy, we send any responses via e-mail to the poet. The teen is not allowed into the Adult forum to view them. And responses of an adult nature are not sent to the teen.

This has happened only a couple of times. And so far the teen has not complained once it was explained that the Teen Forum will not allow such work to be posted.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions, Doreen!    

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 12-15-1999).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 1999-12-15 07:35 PM

quote:
Will this link get someone into the Forum without being granted access?

No. If the links works for you, it's only because you've already been into Adult and your cookies are set. Otherwise you should see a message indicating you have to log in before accessing the restricted forum...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 1999-12-15 07:45 PM

Ron, I had someone test it, someone without access and he got in so I removed the link! I was scared...(we don't really need it now, but I'd like to know more about this I think)
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
7 posted 1999-12-15 09:32 PM

Me, too!  

It shouldn't be working that way! I'll have to do some testing and figure out what's happening...

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 1999-12-15 10:42 PM

Oh my   I didn't mean to cause so much trouble. Last time I had problems with something I was asked to include the link. I am so very sorry for any problems I created!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Ron...I can't E-mail a poet????

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary