navwin » Discussion » Q & A » so my poem got taken off..
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic so my poem got taken off.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2008-03-04 08:48 PM

And I wasnt mad at the moderators i can see why they did what they did. (it wasn't the happiest poem i ever wrote) And i posted it in Teen poetry and of course it was taken off cause of its dark topic.

And well the problem is that i didnt write my poem down. I typed it instead. and well i wanted to post it in Dark poetry insted. but i can't get to it to repost it. So can any of the moderators unblock it? i would really appreteate it if you did.

~Zach~  

© Copyright 2008 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2008-03-04 08:50 PM

do you remember the title? and chances are if it was pulled from teen then it will be pulled in dark too. Read the guidelines! I can get you a copy of it. I will email it to you.
SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2008-03-04 08:54 PM

check your email
Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-03-04 09:53 PM

thanks SEA. I wanted to post that poem but i can't cause like you said it has to be in the adult fourms and im not old enough to go into that kind of stuff. so i guess i'll just keep it with me intill i reach that age lol (wow thats gunna be a long time lol)

thanks anyway SEA!!

~Zach~

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2008-03-04 10:15 PM

well I think, if I'm not mistaken, poems about cutting aren't allowed in there either..see? there are rules in there too!

thanks for your understanding

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
5 posted 2008-03-05 08:18 AM

oh i did not know that. srry im new here (some-what) and i dont know all the rules. lol and also it wasn't a poem about cutting myself...  
SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2008-03-05 08:47 AM

again, read the guidelines...it doesn't have to be, about you...

"Posts depicting suicide as a solution to life will be removed!
More than any other rule at Passions, this one seems to draw the most controversy. We believe that people who would harm themselves need professional attention, not the advice of untrained writers - no matter how well intentioned those writers might be. The recurring depression that leads to thoughts of suicide is the result of a medical condition and is treatable. Writing poetry, catharsis, and talking to our writers about "events" (which do not cause depression) is no substitute for getting that treatment.

Sadly, too few people realize the need for professional help. We believe a large part of this is because writers habitually romanticize suicide, making it seem like a "good thing." Passions will not provide a venue for this glamorization, and you'll find no "I died for love" poems or "They'll be sorry when I'm gone" stories posted in our forums. We recognize the problems faced by people, whether lost love or a feeling of insignificance, but will not condone suicide as a valid answer to those problems.

Posts advocating harm to a human being (including self-harm) will be removed!
We believe that words have power. We also believe that ALL human life is precious and should be protected. Any poetry or prose that condones or promotes hate or violence will be removed from the site immediately.

Open promotion of hate or violence is pretty cut and dried, and rarely a problem. But advocating harm to a human being can also be subtle. Depicting a scene or scenario where a human is harmed, without showing any repercussions, is often just as dangerous as open promotion. Viewpoint characters must be seen to pay for their crimes, else the reader is given no guidance to the difference between right and wrong. When the viewpoint character is a victim of crime, the reader must still be left with a sense of what is right and what is wrong. This isn't easily quantified, but generally, the reader should end up sympathizing with the victim and not the perpetrator of a crime.

If you have a question about a specific work, you should contact a Moderator and ask them to read the piece before posting. This rule applies to all forums at pipTalk, including the Adults Only forum.

Note: As a matter of policy, activities that break the law will almost always be interpreted as "harm to a human being." And, yea, that's going to include illicit drugs. Even if you believe a particular substance is harmless, breaking the law brings consequences which are rarely harmless, either to the individual and to the society. That is not to say a writer can't explore drug use, or can't advocate that the laws be changed. Anything that advocates or glorifies the breaking of a law, however, will likely be removed. "

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
7 posted 2008-03-05 06:57 PM

ohh icic. that explains so much why my poem was taken off. thanks for the explanation...
SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
8 posted 2008-03-05 07:22 PM

LOL cool beans...see? That is why I kept saying to read them, they explain everything. there is more too, do you know where to go to read them all??

Here :
/pip/guidelines/philosophy.html

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
9 posted 2008-03-06 10:19 PM

huh now that im aware of the rules of PIP I will be more cautious of what and where I post on PIP. thanks for your insite and support!

~Zach~

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
10 posted 2008-03-06 11:14 PM

any time
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » so my poem got taken off..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary