navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Passion's ID? HELP
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Passion's ID? HELP Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Shaddow1
since 2006-09-04
Posts 41
Kingman Az, USA

0 posted 2006-09-11 12:57 PM

How do we know if we have a Passion's I.D. number I don't understand what It is for. Can someone please explain.

Love is like a Rose; it always dies - Britney Miller

© Copyright 2006 Britney Anne Miller - All Rights Reserved
Brian James
since 2005-06-26
Posts 147
Winnipeg
1 posted 2006-09-11 02:44 AM

This is a really good question.  Seriously, I've always wondered what that was all about.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2006-09-11 08:47 AM

If you're a member, you have an ID number.  Ron can't remember each and every name, after all.  His database has to number members as they join... So - Yes - You have one.  It distinguishes you from the rest..
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2006-09-11 09:45 AM

LOL. Close, Nan, but not quite.  

The pipTalk ID does, indeed, exist for every member of the forums, but that is assigned and maintained internally. Nan's pipTalk ID, for example, is 00000002, and identifies both her picture and her profile.

Nan's Passion's ID, however, is 0041, and is used to identify her at the main Passions in Poetry site, which was in place quite a while before the forum software existed. The only forum Members who will have a Passion's ID are those who are also published on the main site.

Maintaining the Passion's ID in the forum database was supposed to make it easier to tie the forums and the main site together. It would be nice, for example, if someone at the main site reading Nan's poetry could click on a button over there to read all her forum poems as well? We get several million visitors to the main site every month and it would be nice to get more of them involved in the forums. Unfortunately, tying the two databases together proved much more difficult than expected and too few people ever used the Passion's ID in their profile to make it tenable.

Some day, maybe ...  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2006-09-11 04:09 PM

...Soon??...

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2006-09-11 08:25 PM

As Artie Johnon said on Laugh In: "velly intrestinch".
Shaddow1
since 2006-09-04
Posts 41
Kingman Az, USA
6 posted 2006-09-11 08:46 PM

Ok i get it now thanks ron.. well if you dicide to get it up and running let me know how to find out what my id is so I can put it in my pro i have every thing else filled out but that lol

thanks for explaining it to this confused blonde over here though. :P

Love is like a Rose; it always dies - Britney Miller

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Passion's ID? HELP

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary