navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Lost my red envelops
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost my red envelops Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2005-04-27 01:22 AM

I know I should know, but I don't.

After reinstalling my computer, it seems I lost the red envelops and I've tried to get them back, no luck sofar.

What did I do wrong, or what haven't I done that I should've done.

Somehow I do get the twinkling stars, wich indicate the forum is active, but alas...no colored envelops, only yellow ones.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2005 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2005-04-27 10:52 AM

you've lost them because you lost your cookies.

after logging out and logging back in, they should reappear again... as long as your new install allows cookies.

egowhores.com - really love yourself.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2005-04-27 05:55 PM

You also have to enter through the main screen for them to work properly, Titia...
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
3 posted 2005-04-27 07:39 PM

Thanks guys, it's ok now. I knew it had something to do with the main screen, but I probably did it in the wrong way.

I love my red envelops

Titia

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
4 posted 2005-04-27 10:30 PM

Red envelops?
Do I have them?

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
5 posted 2005-04-28 07:05 AM

If you want them...   

But only if you check in at the main page each time you log on so they're refreshed...
/main/Ultimate.cgi

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
6 posted 2005-04-29 09:44 PM

You mean I have to login every time I visit Pip?? Can't remember I ever did that before my computer crashed, in my recollection I just clicked the link in my favorites to enter the main page.

Oh well, a lot of surprises came my way after we reinstalled this thing 3 times in a row and then (purely by accident) I discovered that my lovely husband had given the wrong 'new' disc (wich was broken already) to my son in law who is the ICT man in our family. They both noticed that the disc size wasn't the same as he had ordered, but they thought the company had send the wrong one, so they decided not to tell me, because I was already stressed after the big first crash.
And then my monitor broke down and now I have a TFT and it took a lot of time to callibrate the thing, in order to get my pictures at least look a bit natural on my screen.

LOL, I think I'll leave mine yellow, I hate loggin in all the time.

Thanks Nan, hugs from me.

Titia

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
7 posted 2005-04-29 10:45 PM

Hugs back... You don't have to "Log in" per se..

But if you have an entry page bookmarked other than the main screen, the folders won't refresh for you.  You just have to enter the forums through the main page every day for them to work properly...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Lost my red envelops

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary