navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question about mature content forums
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Question about mature content forums Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA

0 posted 2004-10-05 12:03 PM

I guess this question is for the moderators although I welcome an answer from anyone who is "in the know" (yanno?)
   For the record, this is not a complaint...merely a curiousity question (A collective "whew!" goes up from the moderators) Is it me or are the turnaround times in the mature content forums for postings and replies getting longer and longer? Oftentimes it takes days (and sometimes even a week or more) to get any kind of response to a posting in those forums. I understand that the mature content forums are not near as popular as the main forums but unless my memory is faulty , I recall that there were more postings, more replies and less "lag" time between. Has the interest simply tapered off or is there something at work here that I don't understand?
   To be very fair, I have no idea what the moderators do during the course of their duties; I'm just glad they do it! And I know even less about the inner workings of the whole PiP machine; I'm just tickled pink to be here 5 years later. I was just wondering if I'm getting my hopes up too high to expect quicker or more numerous responses when I post in the mature forums.
   Yes, I am guilty of a little hubris here , but as I consider erotica my weakest genre; I can't help but be proud and eager for responses when I finally get past my harshest critic (ME!) and post my creations in the mature forums.
    Is there anything else I can do, or is there something I am missing regarding how to best post in the mature content forums? Do I have any alternatives on where I can post my more "adult" stuff (sticking within the PiP guidelines of course) or is the behavior of the mature content forums just the nature of the forums themselves?
   Ok, I think I've talked that question to death!(lol) Time to hear from y'all.
                      - long-winded Jeffrey

© Copyright 2004 Jeff Osborne - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2004-10-05 01:51 AM

umm...erotica is NOT your weakest genre..not in my opinion anyway.

As for the rest of this post, I sent you an e-mail. I hope it answers your question.

All of my impurities are right here on my sleeve. This is Me"---Faith Hill

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
2 posted 2004-10-05 02:30 AM

Jenn,

Thanks for answering my question. Look for a reply in your email

As for your compliment, I'm not sure if I should blush or hike up my pants by the waist, puff out my chest and loudly say "Yep, I'm the sh_t!" (lol) Well, that's what I do at home anyways; at which point Vickie just rolls her eyes and cuts me to the quick with a sarcastic response
                      - jeff

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2004-10-05 07:31 AM

I suspect that Jenn has answered your questions quite "maturely"...

As for the rest - Have you considered applying to be a Deputy Moderator, Jeff??  Huh? Huh?...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question about mature content forums

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary