navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Poetic Haven
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poetic Haven Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2004-09-29 11:43 PM

Okay, I give. I know some back door ways e.g. going to Yesterday's Topics. But what is the intended path to Poetic Haven? I can't find anything in the blue shortcuts at the top of the page.

© Copyright 2004 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2004-09-30 04:56 AM

There's two other ways to get there, Larry.

At any of the main forum screens you get to by following the links in the menu (Main Forums, Discussion, Tech Talk, etc), you should find a dropdown control near the upper left corner, just above the blue frame. That dropdown contains all of those listed in the menu (five), plus Sanctuary.

On almost any and every screen (including this one), there's usually a small Nav Win link that will open up a popup navigation window that will include ALL of our forums in one list (it may not work if you are blocking popups). This little popup is a really quick way to get around in the forums.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-09-30 11:00 PM

Well son of a gun!  I seem to learn something new every day, that navigation thingee is awesome!
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2004-09-30 11:01 PM

Ron,
Thank you sir. There are so many nooks and crannies in these blue walls, it is amazing. I'm so busy reading and writing I still don't understand the thing about the main page and having a poem available there. But you know what you've got me pretty contented "write" here.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2004-10-01 12:14 PM

For added fun, hover your mouse above the lower left and lower right corners of the dark blue border.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2004-10-01 12:47 PM

Oh my goodness!  Takes you to the top etc. that Ron could be a genius, you think he knows?     I think all these new-found trinkets deserves a poem don't you Larry?  Three new shortcuts in two days after three years deserves a celebration.

By the way Larry, click on the top left here to get to main site.  I read there all the time, and vote for the poems, who knows the doors may be open again soon, and we can post in there?  Hint, hint?

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2004-10-04 01:39 AM

Sharon,
So I went and read a little tonight. Voted twice. But I'm not sure of the point. The votes accomplish what? And how does one get a poem posted there? And, I wonder, how much traffic those poems get? I'll guess it is Ron's emissary gift of poetry to the world. Yup, wish I'd met him before I left Berrien Springs. He's an amazing guy!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2004-10-04 07:29 AM

Good morning, Larry!  "How do the poems get there..."?  On any poetry forum, an initiating post has a little yellow post it note with an arrow pointing... -> that-a-way.  Go click, and you will see that one can "enter" a poem to the "main page".  These poems sometimes require processing for grammer and some slight editing/spell checking etc. prior to showing up on the "main" page.  I believe this feature is currently "turned off" and not accepting new posts because the backlog of doing such a job is, as you can guess, very time-consuming.

Follow this link, http://www.netpoets.com/poems/christian/1541002.htm and you can see what someone might find if they were to, say, go to Google and type in "Christian poetry".  If I am correct, it is my understanding that this has been referred to in the past as the "Main" Forum.  Interactive in some ways, like "voting" [getting feedback from anyone who reads them] to sharing those same posts via the E-card, etc.  When I entered that particular poem, it went through a small process of Ron spell-checking it, making sure it was in the correct category, etc., before it was seen by the world.

Another little requirement before submitting such poems is a small answer to "what is this poem all about?" as you can see at the top of that particular page.  That insertion is up to the poet to share their insights on how this poem came to be.

Ah, so many windows, so little time!

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
8 posted 2004-10-04 10:19 AM

For traffic readings, there's a small multicolored icon at the bottom of pages here and at netpoets.  Clicking that sitemeter icon will take you to another site with full traffic information, and it is indeed mind-boggling.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
9 posted 2004-10-04 10:20 AM

quote:
The votes accomplish what?
http://100-poems.com/

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
10 posted 2004-10-04 11:22 AM

As a tongue-in-cheek thought, perhaps we should also have 100 Most Often Stolen Poems.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Poetic Haven

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary