navwin » Discussion » Q & A » A question about a forum...
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic A question about a forum... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA

0 posted 2004-05-28 05:33 PM

I have a question about the Insights forum.  It says in the description :

"This genre is often angry or ironic, with the author's anger expressed in adult language"

I don't know about the rest of you.. but what I hear the phrase "adult language" I think of words that aren't allowed here the last time I checked...  

I read a few poems in there, and they seem fine.. they would be ok in the open forums.

So, my questions is .. what exactly is "adult language"?  I have older poems I could post here but they have what I consider adult language. Right now I have to go to a non-censoring poetry website that I post those poems at (or used to, my muse is making a return slowlyyyy)but would gladly post all my stuff here

I figure it would be better to ask than write somethng and post it... and have a panic break out LOL

Tara

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."    -Friedrich Nietzsche

© Copyright 2004 Tara Baldridge - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2004-06-08 08:31 PM

Insights is a part of the Mature Content area, where the acceptability of "adult language" is a bit more broad than the open forums.  We still judge every poem on its own merit, but we're more lenient.

Anything that would best be kept between two consenting adults, though - goes Behind Closed Doors.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » A question about a forum...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary