navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Pips is a popup?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pips is a popup? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2003-09-02 05:52 PM

Does anyone else get this?  Myy security setup on my browser, (hope that is the right term) is treating Pips as a popup?  It keeps blocking me when I want to click on a poem, or view, and saying" http://sm2.sitemeter.com/js/counter.asp?site=sm2n
has been blocked.  The only way I can open some poems or one I wrote and want to view is to hold the control key and click.  Ron?

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (09-02-2003 06:23 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2003-09-02 06:36 PM

Mine does the same thing... my tech explained that the reason for this is because the poems "pop-up" in a new window. The security measuers are geared to stop those windows from coming up, hence, the challenge. Using the "CTRL" key by-passes the security measures.

We are all equal but we’re individually different
and able to reach the impossible if we try.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2003-09-02 07:32 PM

Thanks Ringo, better too much security I guess than not enough.  Today alone, my anti-virus software found another virus that didn't even get in through email, so they are getting really sneaky how they get in aren't they?
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Pips is a popup?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary