navwin » Discussion » Q & A » nobody responded to my poetry!
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic nobody responded to my poetry! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CrAzI_bAbI_cHiKa
since 2003-07-16
Posts 248

0 posted 2003-07-16 08:37 PM

why dont you like me?

© Copyright 2003 Keryn - All Rights Reserved
LilTai
since 2002-06-08
Posts 189
United States
1 posted 2003-07-16 09:50 PM

Give it some time =)  And to be honest, many people will respond to the people that respond to their own poetry, so you could try that if you haven't already.  Don't get frustrated, just keep writing and people will always read =)

Asalaam 'alaikum,
Tai

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2003-07-16 11:02 PM

Good evening.  Seems you just joined today - chances are you posted in Teen - and a lot of kids are on summer break and all.  You posted three new poems, and have a total of six responses.  Not even 24 hours old.

You were given some good advice.  Respond to other people's poetry - and they'll get to know you, recognize your name, and look for your poetry.  This is a pretty good caring, sharing site, and I'll bet, given time, you'll feel like you're not only welcome, but have joined a very warm and friendly poetry site.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2003-07-17 12:20 PM

Exactly!  The way I made some great friends in here was doing a whole lot of reading first . . . and replying.  Not only did it broaden my views on poetry and help me relate to many different walks of life, I gained a ton of friends too.  It takes a while for people to recognize you - this is a huge forum.  Dont get discouraged - follows Sunshine's advice and before you know it . . .  
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2003-07-17 06:44 AM

Hang in there - Keep writing.. Keep posting.. Keep responding to others poems as well...

Come to the Cape for a vacation... By the time you get back, the kids will be back in school and looking to read some good poetry...

Welcome to Passions in Poetry, btw...

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
5 posted 2003-07-17 09:58 AM

Some patience and effort required.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » nobody responded to my poetry!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary