navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Should I learn poetry first? Or brave the criticism?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Should I learn poetry first? Or brave the criticism? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fayth
since 2003-05-03
Posts 19

0 posted 2003-04-30 08:37 PM

hello,
I dash off poetry-well it rhymes and I just came across yur site.
I have NO IDEA about poetry workshops and stuff-so should I learn first before I post my poetry?

Or just post?
Sounds silly I know, but I would like to join y'all.

© Copyright 2003 fayth - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-04-30 09:36 PM

Take a deep breath and post!! We don't bite.

This site is a great place to start out - you'll find so many people here willing to help you.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-04-30 09:41 PM

This is a family of poetic friends.  You can have it any way you wish... You can post in our Open Forums and receive accolades from those who've read your work... or you can post in Critical Analysis for indepth critique... and/or you can flag your own posts with your personal preferance (to critique or not to critique)... It's your choice - Come on aboard - You'll love it here...
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2003-04-30 10:01 PM

Just make a good effort. If you do, it will be recognized. If you don't, that will be recognized, too....
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2003-04-30 11:12 PM

Learn first? Post first? I suspect if you read first, and perhaps comment as you feel inclined, you'll quickly answer your own question. Everyone here is still learning. AS they post.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Should I learn poetry first? Or brave the criticism?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary