navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » help!
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikolette Sadness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 337
port richey fl.

0 posted 2000-09-04 01:21 AM

this is a repost of my first haiku...because i really want to know if it is any good

~Change~

i began today
live as love is needed by
my change not yet seen.

Nikolette Sadness

i was once in love and happy...but you can call me Sadness.

© Copyright 2000 Nicole Crisp - All Rights Reserved
JnR4eva
since 2000-08-07
Posts 377
Bronx, NY
1 posted 2000-09-07 08:40 PM

in all honesy nikolette i am not a critque per se, i like to think of myself as someone who reads a proof and lends some advice...so with that said....

hmmmmmmmm.....hmmm the reason im saying hmm is b/c my undretstanding of a haiku is that u must use descirptive words, no adjective, no adverbs b/c u want the reader to imagine these descriptive words not so much have the author tell them to us...something like this....

tender soft-hearted
imbedded scenery lush
graceful innocent.

now what i might have said might have been pure bs...but that is what my understanding of what a haiku is,  and sometimes it is misused...for instance another property of a haiku is that it must not pertain so much to the physicall us (humans)..but to our spiritual side or emotions or...something that is abstract i guess...nothing tangible as us..those i believe that style is called senryu's...
im not 100% sure but more like 95% sure     i read it from a poetry web site...but then again i was only suggesting  
much respect
< !signature-->

"my love is my motivation
my love is my inspiration
perception of this poem
is your interpretation"
-- rlt

[This message has been edited by JnR4eva (edited 09-07-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary