navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Tears of life
Critical Analysis #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tears of life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MEGAN
since 1999-08-16
Posts 17
Cottonwood, Ca United States

0 posted 1999-08-17 02:53 AM

Just like a down pour,
my tears just fall.
Confusion overwhelms my soul.
Am I strong enough to go on?
Each morning I wake up,
wanting so much to know,
but I am left in the dark.
Alone and confused,
I cry.
Not just a single tear,
but rather a waterfall.
Swimming in my own emotions,
I begin to sink.
Soon grasping for air,
I don't struggle to be free.
I just fall,
hit bottom.
Overtaken by life.
Not wanting to get up,
I lay on the water's floor.
I take my last glance at the world,
say my final prayer,
take my last and final breath.

© Copyright 1999 MEGAN - All Rights Reserved
samt
since 2001-08-02
Posts 52
Brisbane
1 posted 2001-08-15 08:10 PM

wow, that's amazing. That is exactly how I feel most mornings, since I foolishly made mistakes. But you will feel another again, you always do.
Keep writing.

Be free

samt
since 2001-08-02
Posts 52
Brisbane
2 posted 2001-08-15 08:11 PM

wow, that's amazing. This poem is beautiful. That is exactly how I feel most mornings, since I foolishly made mistakes. But you will feel another again, you always do.
Keep writing.

Be free

citizenx
since 2001-07-31
Posts 189
motorcade
3 posted 2001-08-16 03:07 PM

Megan, sounds pretty serious but you know we all go through rough times, they do end.. honestly they do.
I am taking this poem as an emotional purge, sometimes they bring good poetry but most of the time they give up the outlines for a good poem, which is what I feel this is.
When you are feeling better, go back think what made you sad how does it feel, what images does it create, how do those images feel.

That was my critical voice speaking out, my heart however says that if things are really bad go talk to someone about it,
you sound by your words young and in a lot of pain. I hope that things improve soon. Take care, hugs and peace.

shadows flicker sweet end tame
dancing like crazy mourners" magazine

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

4 posted 2001-08-16 04:57 PM

I would echo what has been said above...and do also hope the times and hurts get better...

as for the poem..one thing I personally try to avoid is using the same word more than once if possible... and I also try to flesh out the feeling or image with a few descriptors or metaphors... take alook at your poem when you have had time to put yourself a little distant from the emotion behind it and analyze it , pare it down to an essence...and think about every word...

emotional write.... and touching in its sincerity...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #1 » Tears of life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary