navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » A Note about Ron Carnell - Thoughts and Prayers
Open Poetry #51
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Note about Ron Carnell - Thoughts and Prayers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2021-07-21 08:49 AM

A Note about Ron Carnell - Thoughts and Prayers

Some fellow poets have reached out to ask how Ron is doing, as they have heard through other groups or posts that he is having health issues.

Unfortunately, this is true. Ron has been battling cancer over the last several months.

I know that Ron is dearly loved by so many. As a community of poets, we have always been a tight-knit family, and always counted on each other for love and support. At this time, I would ask that you please keep Ron in your thoughts and prayers.

(I have posted a similar post in the PipTalk Facebook Group to reach those fellow poets who may not see this here)

Sending my love to you all.

© Copyright 2021 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2021-07-21 10:18 AM

Ron will be very grateful to receive all of our love and heartfelt wishes. He has been giving so much to each and every Piptalk member for over twenty years, and it's our turn. So, on behalf of our poets, our moderators, and our administrators - Ron Carnell, you are the best of the best. There's Magic on the net for sure 😍

[This message has been edited by Nan (07-21-2021 12:32 PM).]

wordwizard
since 2003-09-08
Posts 483
on the way to next world
2 posted 2021-07-21 11:56 AM

Thank you Kit and Nan for your postings. Wishing Ron a quick recovery and the very best of health.Through Ron I had my poems entered in  an Anthology as 'ecrivan' many years ago and have since appreciated his guidance and support. My thoughts and prayers are with you Ron!Sending you good wishes to brighten your day,we love you and wish you well!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2021-07-21 12:38 PM

I have been expressing how I feel about Ron to him daily, but words are never enough sometimes and this is one of them. Ron is one of a kind, with a heart as big as Texas, and full of enough love to right every single wrong in this world. His sense of humor, his impishness ways of pulling pranks (and he got me really good one time,) warm smile, and open arms are something I can only hope to see and hear one day again. He will forever be in my ♥ and I wish him the strength he needs right now and to be in less pain.

Carpe' Diem

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
4 posted 2021-07-21 04:36 PM

thank you, Kit and Nan for posts
sending prayers and healing thoughts for Ron
and his beloved ones.

Gunslinger
since 1999-10-09
Posts 901
TX, USA
5 posted 2021-07-21 06:17 PM

Praying fervently for successful treatment.
augustsky
Posts 828
midwest US
6 posted 2021-07-22 02:43 AM

Lifted Up..Surrounded by
Prayers of Healing..

Sky~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2021-07-22 09:42 AM

UPDATE:

I just wanted you all to know that I have been in contact briefly with Ron this morning. Although his difficult battle continues, he has appreciated your thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

Sending much love to you all.

Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
8 posted 2021-07-22 07:45 PM

Praying for a quick and smooth recovery. May God hold you in his protective arms during this time...Paul

~~To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you~~
Paul

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
9 posted 2021-07-29 12:47 PM

I wasn't going to respond publicly to this. I came in to do some reading and catching up and saw this post.  I wish I had the ability to make a positive and cheery comment, but I don't. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to make my heart come back up from my stomach. Love and prayers, Ron.

"I know this love will tear me to pieces
I know his hands will dig up my secrets"

Meg Myers

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

10 posted 2021-08-10 09:21 AM

Ron, please know, I'm sending heartfelt healing thoughts and prayers for strength to continue your battle. Know, our positive thoughts are sent your way with love.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #51 » A Note about Ron Carnell - Thoughts and Prayers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary