navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Where Many Mothers Rest: A Peaceful Place to Visit...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where Many Mothers Rest: A Peaceful Place to Visit... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-10 05:02 PM

This is a peaceful place where trees flourish as far as the eye can see
Beautifully trimmed grass and hedges surround easily curved walkways and drives
Multitudes of gray and red granite headstones are aligned in near perfect formation

So peaceful is this sacred ground I walk on today, so quiet, so serene
This is a beautiful day in the middle of the month of her passing, that I’ve come to pay my respects
I bought some red roses to place on her grave...she loved roses, and she knew I knew she did

Looking down at the sods that seem as fresh as my treasured memories, I search myself for the ‘right’ words
It's been so many long years being without you, my dear mother…see? Tears still come from my eyes. Yes, mom, I'm still your boy

So then, as I prepare to leave this peaceful place where she waits for her Lord and Savior to come calling for her,
I wipe away my tears and continue to leave the hallowed grounds with a feeling of envious reservation
...remembering this peaceful place I have just visited

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-01-10 05:49 PM

Bluesy,
I am so blessed, both my parents are still living. But I know my time is soon to come to know how it feels.
My best friend used to live straight across the cemetery from me. And you are right it was peaceful (in daylight) ~L

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2018-01-11 09:37 AM

and soon it will be our turn to rest and our children will perform the very same ritual...again, and again, and again, feeling the peace in the old grave that only comes from living.
Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2018-01-13 08:37 PM

Very touching read Bluesy ~ Made me think of my own dear sweet Mom...A lovely write
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2018-01-19 04:22 PM

I've always felt that we humans are all the same, Miss Lori...until we are weighed by our emotions.

...just bein' Bluesy

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
5 posted 2018-01-19 04:24 PM

Yes, Miss Lee, such is the cycle (and circle) of life.

Many thanks for the visit.

...just bein' Bluesy

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
6 posted 2018-01-19 04:26 PM

You're good to keep your Mom with you in your way, Miss Pinky. I'm sure she was quite proud of you and knew the love between you was...everlasting.

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Where Many Mothers Rest: A Peaceful Place to Visit...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary