navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Amber
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Amber Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Almost Wholehearted
Posts 20
Pgh, PA

0 posted 2018-01-05 10:25 AM

Frozen here, in the worst moments of my life
I hear a voice saying - you should forgive
And from deep within my golden tomb, I lift my head
and whisper...
NEVER

I think our capacity for wholeheartedness can never be greater than our willingness to be broken-hearted."  Brene Brown

© Copyright 2018 Almost Wholehearted - All Rights Reserved
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
1 posted 2018-01-05 02:29 PM

I've always found that those who 'never forgive' are the same ones who expect to be forgiven the most.
Someone else I've heard of said it this way in a popular publication;

"If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive the wrongs you have done." - Matthew 6.14-15

...If you're so inclined, that is. Your emphatic capitalization makes me feel otherwise.

...just bein' Bluesy

Almost Wholehearted
Posts 20
Pgh, PA
2 posted 2018-01-05 03:21 PM

I wrestle with the idea of forgiveness all the time.  Sometimes I feel exactly the way I stated in this poem.  Sometimes I don't.  I find it easiest to deal with these more complicated emotions when I can write them out in their most raw state and hopefully diminish some of their fury.  Better out than in, right?  Whether or not I achieve forgiveness.  It's a long and curvy road yet.

I think our capacity for wholeheartedness can never be greater than our willingness to be broken-hearted."  Brene Brown

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
3 posted 2018-01-05 10:59 PM

quote:
"I wrestle with the idea of forgiveness all the time.  Sometimes I feel exactly the way I stated in this poem.  Sometimes I don't"
To choose what you'll forgive and when, would make many old before their time, cynical and alone.

Some of the best poets in the world fit that description.

...just bein' Bluesy

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
4 posted 2018-01-06 12:05 PM

Raw emotion for sure.  What bluesy said, I am that person who hopes to be forgiven..but even if I'm not, I will always forgive..i have no grudges, therefore I have no baggage. Life is short and getting shorter with every passing day, month and year.  Namaste!!
Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
5 posted 2018-01-07 04:53 PM

Through my journey of life I have found it much healthier for oneself to forgive ~ After all no one is perfect...Holding the anger in and not letting it go only allows it to gnaw at us and keeps the emotional hurt festering. By forgiving I feel we loose that ~ No one is worth losing peace within ones own heart and soul   Alana
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Amber

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary