navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » An Undeserved Reproach: Too Much Sleep And Too Little Conscious...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic An Undeserved Reproach: Too Much Sleep And Too Little Conscious... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2018-01-04 02:16 AM

“What angered the night?”...I thought to myself
I heard it grinding its teeth as I slept and I awoke with a sore jaw

The darkness' frustration must stem from regret about a dream I had ten years ago,
a dream that’s still more vivid than yesterday’s realities

Though its angry contrition was surely no comfort to me, I showed my appreciation
for the gesture by standing vigil until the shadows turned to day

The brooding contempt in my mind did not release me from my unsavory proclivities,
and so...unabashed by the clarity of it all, I continue to live

Baby, I've been caught up wondering why these three-thousand plus, disenchanted mornings
have not yet left me unconvinced that dreams are nothing more than that...

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2018 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2018-01-07 07:11 AM

I guess I thought I replied to this already. Bet I thought I'd comment at work and then got busy and didn't. My bad.

Your poem is full of anguish it seemed to me.
No wondering why. ~L

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2018-01-07 12:45 PM

Yes, there were times when things were heavier than they are now, Miss Lori. But that's life, and all of us hit a pothole once or twice.

Thanks for your keen insight, my friend. You read very well.

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2018-01-09 03:17 PM

Unconvinced because sometimes  dreams are real...and vice versa ~ Much enjoyed Bluesy   
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2018-01-09 06:04 PM

Much obliged, Miss Pinky!

...just bein' Bluesy

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2018-01-11 09:46 AM

I think dreams are sometimes friendly, sometimes scary, sometimes a warning and sometimes, just a dream, a nice place to be, or to travel to  unknown places, where we dare not go when we're awake?  
Regardless, it's all in a lifetime of experiences, that wake us in emotional oceans of fear, or understanding...that we live in the now...

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
6 posted 2018-01-19 04:57 PM

Each measurable moment in time is "now", Miss Lee...and we have no other option but to live within its minuscule parameters until we expire. We know exactly what is occurring to us within the 'now', but to reach outside of it is where questions are raised and consequences are paid.

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » An Undeserved Reproach: Too Much Sleep And Too Little Conscious...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary