navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » A Lesson For Slippers And Sliders: Hitting The Ice In ¾ Time...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Lesson For Slippers And Sliders: Hitting The Ice In ¾ Time... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-28 01:10 AM

He was cruising on chrome with memories of his first look at the ‘wrong side’ of the spotlight,
where silhouettes pirouette, entrancing frosted girls with virtually frictionless dancing

It made him feel twenty again as he scrolled a fast ‘figure-eight’, reaching out for the feel of his darling ones’ small, soft hand
Just then, the momentum of his feet met the inertia of his ‘desired one’ and he lost his slippery grip and flew,
feet first, horizontally onto the ice!

Leaving his dream with a smash of steel, spiking the ice in a shower of flakes,
"that'll leave a mark," he thought, looking down
It was twelve o'clock in his head, he thought,
but his skates said it was just a quarter to...

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-28 07:23 AM

You know it is poems like these that have all the great ingredients of love, whimsy, comedy, anticipation, etc. that makes me think you should self publish. Check out Amazon Create Space Uh, google that, it'll get you there. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-28 12:53 PM

Thanks, Miss Lori, for the wonderful compliment. I've been going through old 'Banker's boxes' and sorting through old stuff in anticipation of having a 'home' again. I found a lot of 'Composition books' that go back aways loaded with stuff I wrote. So, I've been editing some and posting others, "as is", and this is one of those.

"Self-Publish?" Hmm...and to think I waited all this time for Simon & Schuster to come begging!     

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2017-12-30 10:09 PM

Tip...Never get on the wrong side of the spotlight ~ It blinds you every time! Hope it didn't leave to  big of a mark
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2017-12-31 02:25 AM

I'd show it to you, Miss Pinky...but I'm afraid I'll have to see some I.D first! Ha-ha!

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
5 posted 2018-01-04 02:23 PM

I assure you Bluesy at my age NO ID is required!  ha ha
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » A Lesson For Slippers And Sliders: Hitting The Ice In ¾ Time...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary