navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » She Was A Marshall Of Metaphors And I Was A Man Of Conviction...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic She Was A Marshall Of Metaphors And I Was A Man Of Conviction... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-21 01:36 AM

I can assure you, friends, it was a simple travesty of interaction
But as you know, small spills make huge messes...no matter where they occur

She saw an outlaw in me which I didn't recognize
Until she produced a bounty flyer, that is

As if I were a trinity within a single body...tried, convicted and sentenced,
placed in humiliating stocks

No one should ever have an experience like this
But small spills make huge messes, no matter where they occur

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-21 05:04 AM

I feel for you I really do. And how true about the little spills.  I had a little spill one time, I don't talk about it. Let's just say false accusations led to a weekend behind bars and the whole legal trial business-front page news. Our acquittal was on page 7 at the bottom. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-21 12:04 PM

Yes, you could say our "roll of Bounty" didn't turn out to be "the quicker-picker-upper"...  

I agree that it's not all that great over tea and scones. Not everyone appreciates the cold steel perspective.
I see now why you do, Lori Rhoden. One needs but a day to know the sights, sounds, and smells. After that, it's just more of the same.

...another scone?  

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2017-12-22 05:47 PM

Small spills make huge messes that is true enough...Thank goodness there are ways to clean them up and go on  

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2017-12-22 11:35 PM

Thanks for reading, Miss Pinky. Oh! Got a minute or two? I've made another mess and I could sure use a couple extra hands and a few more towels!

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » She Was A Marshall Of Metaphors And I Was A Man Of Conviction...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary