navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » The Dissociation Genesis: Seeing Our Way Through "The Green Valley Dreams"...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Dissociation Genesis: Seeing Our Way Through "The Green Valley Dreams"... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-15 01:58 AM

We never spoke of “The Green Valley Dreams”, or the fear-stitched lips of its dragonfly
Slatted boards on the old house would briefly clap, then quickly become silenced between the applause

Not nook nor cranny for escaping our anxious sighs, just our bare shoulders in an empty room
Our shivering lips embraced the ice and gloom, for we know where there is no hope there can be no rest

We’d watch as the dragonfly darted by,as though he were surveying the boils that appeared on my chest
Crying, crying, crying, tethered by these marionette-like threads, with no place to go and no way to get there

The years inched along like a heavily sedated, disoriented looper worm in a cabbage patch
The locust too takes his cue and devours greedily what was left of our sustenance

Between the coolness of our pillows and the Egyptian sheets, our bodies radiated a scorching heat
Awake and away from those wings which I dread, away from his grasp we felt he had fled

Now all has been quieting with her in my mind, her imagined kiss melting on my tongue
What once was lame is now leaping for joy as “The Green Valley” becomes lush underfoot

...as an infinite object of dreaming

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-15 08:53 AM

These images you conjure are like a haunting dream with a happy ending. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-15 03:58 PM

quote:
"a haunting dream with a happy ending"
...exactly, Lori Rhoden!

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » The Dissociation Genesis: Seeing Our Way Through "The Green Valley Dreams"...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary