navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Oscillating Realities: Distortions Of Clarity Found In A Porous Wall
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oscillating Realities: Distortions Of Clarity Found In A Porous Wall Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-12-13 02:05 AM

The tempting sunlight plays upon the glass, offering an affective panacea
to the sad slate-blue of a just another day within the walls

It's a lure, nothing more, like a mirage dangling through the expanded metal
which catches the thirsty eye, persuading the wary head to leave itself upon the rack

Dragging your lazy legs outside in search of a Spring that just isn’t there,
you hear the soundof the steel doors closing with a bang, warning the sun that the trap has been sprung

As it disappears beyond the cover of a cotton-wool blanket, a sudden wind swoops down
to whip your ears and whisk away from you, poor fool, the heat so carefully absorbed from your body

Another mug for the swirling plastic bags to boast about...fleeced in the cold light of day

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-12-13 04:50 AM

This is heart wrenching. You captured cold indifference vibrantly here. You did a good job of portraying awful, so this is awfully good. ~L
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
2 posted 2017-12-15 03:03 AM

...and it's awfully nice of you to say so, Miss Lori!  

As I've told you before, you have a fine-tuned intuition that allows you to see through the metaphors and get to the 'heart' of it. I don't deliberately stash meanings under rocks, it just comes out this way when I try to explain things. Many thanks, Miss Lori!   

...just bein' Bluesy

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
3 posted 2017-12-16 02:54 PM

Such stark vivid images you paint ~ The coldness...The clanking...The harsh reality...Tis' enough to rob one of spirit and sanity even...Reading your words touches my heart...I can't even imagine...As always thank you for sharing

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
4 posted 2017-12-16 04:58 PM

Your reply clearly expresses your sensitivities, Miss Pinky. You see, you read, and you fully grasp what you find inside the words. Thank you for that and thank you for looking deeper and getting a feel for what you read.

Extraordinary reply.

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Oscillating Realities: Distortions Of Clarity Found In A Porous Wall

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary