navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Eleven...Diatribe With A Broom & Dustpan...
Open Poetry #50
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Eleven...Diatribe With A Broom & Dustpan... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror

0 posted 2017-11-28 01:30 AM

I tried so hard to please the masses
To be accepted
You know, that inner yearning that tempts us all

At one time, I found myself desiring to be confined within their well-designed social boundaries
Standing before their earthly gates for the pleasure of their eternal judgment
Such a fool I am, I’m told...yet happy in my blissful state of non-conformity

You’ll find me (should you look) never to be suppressed, depressed, or reduced to a singular form
I may be somewhat confusing to others because I’m not willing to relate ‘according to Hoyle’
My view is that the ways and means of humankind confounds intellectuality itself, yet begs to differ

So, like flies with their wings snipped off, to be a pest no more, they’re swept off my table
...and all they can do is just lie there wiggling and writhing on my shiny, unforgiving floor

...just bein' Bluesy

© Copyright 2017 BluesyTunes - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2017-11-28 05:05 AM

Blusey,

"You’ll find me (should you look) never to be suppressed, depressed, or reduced to a singular form"
That's good to know. Just one concern, will you be surrounded by wingless flies? Is your independence bought with the lives of flies?
Eh, small price to pay, I'm in. ~L

Poet In Pink
Posts 1066
MI
2 posted 2017-11-28 11:59 AM

Never underestimate the wisdom of a man with a dustpan!     Pleasing the masses is over-rated anyway ~ Best just to please oneself...Much enjoyed the read...Now I'll BUZZ outta here with wings intact~  lol  

Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
3 posted 2017-11-29 03:57 AM

Aww. Don't "buzz off", Miss Pinky...you're no 'pest', you're the BEST!

But thanks for flyin' by and visitin' the Cabin!

...just bein' Bluesy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Open Poetry #50 » Tales From The Cabin That Smokes: Book Eleven...Diatribe With A Broom & Dustpan...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary