navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » ‘Black Butterfly’
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic ‘Black Butterfly’ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jamesmcinerney
Posts 9

0 posted 2016-11-06 07:31 AM

‘Black Butterfly’

I felt it all with you. The sorrow that never seemed to leave regardless of all the places I hid myself, knowing I would never belong. And yet I still hid. I endured the isolation. The memories that tore me apart, only to find that I was just as lost as when I was with you. Hammering on the invisible walls, my fists pounding the surface in the hope someone would save me from myself, that someone would notice that I still belonged, but no one ever did. So I stopped. I allowed the silence to cling to me in the way that I once held onto you, foolishly thinking it would last forever, only to realise my mistake.

- James McInerney
(Author of 'Bloom' & 'In between the lines'. 'Red' out 2017)

Instagram = millsmc07.

© Copyright - James McInerney 2016

© Copyright 2016 jamesmcinerney - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2016-11-06 07:52 AM

It is not often that I reread a piece several times, especially when each reading makes me more aware of my discomfort in being able to relate. I let it take me to the edges of places I did not wish to go. Very well done. ~L
jamesmcinerney
Posts 9

2 posted 2016-11-06 09:19 AM

Thankyou ever so much.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » ‘Black Butterfly’

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary