navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Premature Intellectual Ejaculation
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Premature Intellectual Ejaculation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana

0 posted 2016-07-08 08:58 AM

surely you can't presume
a lad to become totally and devoutly
decadent and depraved
until said child
has been sent to a good school
such words penned
maybe not exactly like above
by H.H. (Saki) Munro
so I've been led to believe
and really
why would they lie
then again
why wouldn't they

homosapiensRUs
borne from one of two
long ago events
God in Heaven
bored out of His Heavenly skull
(God has a skull?)
took his magic and created the universe
still bored
(one of those days)
He made appear plants and water and . . .
things on one of the worlds
and called it Earth
still, something wasn't right
ah . . .
the image of Me
was next to come
little egocentric I would presume
but who am I  to presume
made a man
which was good
uh, but the man seemed somewhat lost as to what to do
so He gave man
(wo)man
ah, that's more like it
man figured out what to do PDQ
and they've been fighting ever since
God has a very weird sense of humor

anyway
that's one version

another version
(which actually kinda, maybe, makes more sense)
is that we
homo sapiens
climbed out of the ocean
learned how to breathe the air
(air may have been different back then)
grow feet and this and that and
voilà!
man
man and woman
well, not exactly
see, we were more on the
uh
lower scale of the food chain
had to learn
the law of the jungle as it were
tough going
still . . .
we preserved
finally made it up the chain
to the great apes
oh boy
now things were looking up
don't'cha know
don't laugh
didn't-ya see "Planet of the Apes?"
jeez
anyhow, and I'm not smart enough to explain
how it worked
but hell
way I heard it
apesRUs
except now we're human
whatever that means
have we stopped evolving
maybe
could be we're going backward

tell the truth
explaining the Creation Crusade
and the Evolution Epigone
have flat out worn me down
besides, I got carried away
it's better usually
to use
Ockham's Razor
way of
'splaining things

©June 20, 2016 / Jerry Pat Bolton

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

© Copyright 2016 Jerry Pat Bolton - All Rights Reserved
Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
1 posted 2016-07-08 11:13 AM

Wow!! That’s one heck of a subject to comment on. Religion gives you the answer you’re seeking for, IE you are a devout Christian then all your questions have been answered 2,000 years ago, no need to look for justification, its all there in the book.
Unfortunately there are many books and many religions; they can’t be all right can they?

One thing we all know is that as humans we have a driving inquisitive nature and to that end we engage in an endless search for answers and not least of these are the origin of life itself.

It’s unlikely that we will find the answer in one lifetime or twenty lifetimes but we will never stop searching, until then we have to content ourselves with the book, or perhaps not.

Cari.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-07-08 11:17 AM

Eh . . . In my case it is a perhaps not, Cari. But true enough we do search. I not so much, because I am sold on the reincarnation theory. Thank you for stoping by, reading and giving such a wonderful comment!

Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
3 posted 2016-07-09 12:38 PM

Wherever you look and whatever you obtain, hang on to that which is good for you or to you, and discard the rest.

There was a little poem which reflected views on "reincarnation" that I liked so much when I first read it in the sixties or seventies, that somehow I committed to memory. I'll write it here for you Jerry, perhaps you'll like it as much as I: "For all that I rightly think or do, make or spoil, bless or blast, is curse or blessing justly due, for sloth or effort in the past". It just stuck with me.

A great post Jerry, provoking many thoughts from your readers, of which I remain.

More feelings and fewer words please

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-07-09 07:48 AM

Yes indeed, you gave me pearls of wisdom without this special line of poetry, Ari. What was the name of the poem, and its author? This was an extraordinary addition to your comments on my mangling of the English language, and I thank you very much for it.

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
5 posted 2016-07-09 10:40 AM

I’m very much a sceptic but when an incident happens to you that cannot find any rational explanation for you begin to wonder.  
The first word an infant is taught are for its mother and father, the more important of the two is the word for mother. The mother does this by pointing at herself and repeating the word mum, mummy over and over.
I had no trouble with daddy and, so I’m told and other words too but I never called my mother by the word mum or mummy. As the weeks and months passed my word for my mother was Day. It amused her at first but as I progressed to mouth my first small sentences, in spite of her repeating the actions of pointing to herself and saying mummy, I still called her Day.
Eventually I began to call her mother but even when I was three and needed her most I reverted to the word Day.
Of course I remember nothing of this but my mother told me and others as I guess it still disturbed her. But it was just one of those things, a silly quirk I had.

Years later I was reading a documentary book on the Romany gypsies of England. It included translations of Romany words into English-- cushti' – good -- chavvie—child then-- Day—Mother.

I nearly dropped the damn book, had I found the connection that had so worried my mother or was it just a coincidence? I dismissed coincidence, how the hell could I choose a random word from hundreds of thousands of words from an obscure language when I had absolutely no knowledge of any words.
For me, the juries still out, as I said I am by nature a sceptic but I’m beginning to wonder.
This I assure you is 100% true.

An interesting article on reincarnation is by Dr. Ian Stevenson
Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia.
If anyone is interested.

Cari.  

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
6 posted 2016-07-09 12:52 PM

WoW! What a comment! I know babes are supposed to bond with their mothers, but in my world I never did. Oh, when I was very young maybe I did, but as soon as I was old enough to feel the rift that was between us, I never felt love. Yes, I was cared for, fed, clean clothes, etc., but the woman was so distant. I never called her anything but Mother until I got old enough to learn some better descriptive words. Something about her was standoffish. My father was even worse. He was a wimp. ‘Nuff said about that. I love that you called your mother, “Day.” When you found out it origin, I bet that did freak you out for sure.

Thank you, Cari, for your great review.

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

7 posted 2016-07-09 07:21 PM

You got it, friend. It's over. Darwin is finished. No longer the survival of the fittest. Just the survival of the brainless.
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
8 posted 2016-07-09 07:29 PM

That's me, Redstart, brainless for sure.

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

9 posted 2016-07-09 07:35 PM

Can' let you away with that one. Intellect of the internet.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
10 posted 2016-07-09 08:06 PM

Eh . . . That'll work.
Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

11 posted 2016-07-12 05:29 PM

Well, you got me back and thinking, Jerry, and that's a, 'voila!.' love this thinking. I Always wondered if God created the universe for mankind, in his likeness; why did he make the vast majority of it so inhospitable to his creation?
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
12 posted 2016-07-12 05:33 PM

Thinking about God, His creation, his respect/disrespect for "His" people will give you willy-jamming nightmares. I know, I've been there . . . and then there is this latest in form of a poem

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

13 posted 2016-07-12 06:33 PM

Never heard the phrase, 'willy-jamming' before, Jerry. It sounds, to an old Scotsman, like a bunch of penises chilling out on guitar after a few Glenmorangies. But if it happens in nightmares, I'll leave it out. Peace and happiness.
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
14 posted 2016-07-12 06:55 PM

Heh.Heh When I said willy-jamming I honestly didn't correlate the phrase with the "willy." True brought it up, I hope I don't have all those willies getting down on the old guitar! Thanks for checking on again, Redstart . . .

Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
15 posted 2016-07-12 11:14 PM

Redstart, God is a 'Spirit'. Spirits aren't in need of air, parkas or suntan lotion. If you don't believe that, just read the final word on the subject...'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'.

Great work here Jerry. You have us all thinking.

Loving Linny Jean is poetry.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
16 posted 2016-07-13 08:17 AM

Thank you, Ari for this and all the other times you have read and commented on my postings . . .

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

17 posted 2016-08-06 05:29 PM

listen, nail my ass to the floor if you want to, my conscience is clear: Gods are purely in the imagination of mankind. Good gods? No such thing. The God of The Bible was ten times(at least) nastier than me, and I'm bad! What on this Earth has he ever done for mankind? Maybe **** him up bigtime? Considering that he was supposed to have created him: that's , at least, one hell of a bad construction. Look, I don't want to seem arrogant, but gods are for fairy stories. I'm looking for just one, single, good thing that a god has ever done.
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
18 posted 2016-08-06 05:44 PM

I don't believe in gods, Redstart.

Redstart
since 2014-05-16
Posts 535

19 posted 2016-08-06 05:58 PM

I know, my friend, wasn't aimed at you. Some may think, or just carry on.
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
20 posted 2016-08-06 06:08 PM

Heh.Heh I was just making sure . . . Thanks!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Premature Intellectual Ejaculation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary