navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Hate
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere

0 posted 2016-05-15 03:41 PM

Hate.
Insidious
carcinogen
to the soul.
Abnormal
and unhealthy cells
of thinking
bombard.
Replicating
undetected,
prevails.
Invading
everyday
annoyances
into rages.
Igniting
reform
into riots.
Hardening
our hearts
to stone.

LGR©5/15/16

© Copyright 2016 Lori Grosser Rhoden - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
1 posted 2016-05-15 04:06 PM

Yep, you pretty much have given us the fine tuning of hate, Lori. It has always been around and it will always be among us. Not saying it is right, just saying it is a part of the human psyche for far too many. I, too, have been a hater here and there during my life.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Pete_W
Posts 185
Scotland (UK)
2 posted 2016-05-15 05:27 PM

"Hate. Insidious carcinogen to the soul...", great words and very succinct, thanks for the read. Enjoyed.
Pete

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
3 posted 2016-05-17 12:48 PM

I don’t think I’ve truly hated anyone, disliked is about as near ass I’ve come. I have a good capacity for turning away so maybe that helps. If things get really out of hand then I can cope with that though I admit it has scared my wife. ‘Was that necessary’ she asked on a couple of occasions. Well I tried everything else, so yes.

I’m pretty laid back I suppose but there is a line in the sand.

There’s a very true saying i.e. Hatred corrodes.  

Cari.

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
4 posted 2016-05-23 07:10 PM

Wow Lori this is an emotional poem. I think you've said it like it is.

For as long as I can remember my mother drilled into me, that hate is a very VERY strong word.  I can honestly say I don't think I've ever hated anyone..even the handful of people who have wronged me, mostly, I just want to make it right again.  I guess I just don't have the energy or the time to let that particular emotion run rampant...I mean I will check myself everytime because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to reel it in if it got away from me.  Not a good way to live..

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2016-05-23 09:40 PM

Very good Lori, I never said I hated any one.But I did say "I hate these shoes", or some other inanimate thing.At a strawberry festival I expected fresh strawberries and I mentioned too often how I was so disappointed and hated that they served frozen strawberries on  bought sponge cups to serve them. I even bought a basket of strawberries made fresh biscuits and fresh  cream whipped to prove my point and served her once we were home. She enjoyed and  the tasted the difference, but I learned a lesson also and tried hard to change my words. jo
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
6 posted 2016-05-26 09:32 PM

Thanks everybody for your kind words and input. I realize the word "hate" stirs the pot differently for each of us. For myself, this was a commentary on finding "corrosion" I wasn't taking care of to my own detriment.
If we are lucky, as long as we live, we continue to learn...~L

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Hate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary