navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Isn't the Government Supposed to Serve the People?
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Isn't the Government Supposed to Serve the People? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Daddy Goose38
since 2010-09-04
Posts 430
obama's a rice paper tiger

0 posted 2016-04-01 05:49 PM

Isn't the Government Supposed to Serve the People?

Today is March madness 32.
That's because the government forgot to change the month.
Somebody should call the government

Tell them they forgot to change the month!
I tried to call the government today,
Tried to tell  them they forgot to change the month,
But they won't answer me.
Why doesn't the government answer the telephone?
It's like, hey, what IS THIS???

Like, isn't the government supposed to serve the people? he he he

Jaime

© Copyright 2016 Daddy Goose38 - All Rights Reserved
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
1 posted 2016-04-03 10:13 PM

Hey Daddy Goose 38 - maybe just me but that pink color is very hard to see on my computer-
had to highlight it to not strain my eyes . . .

Agree, basically, with all you say here-in - even the levity.

j.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-04-03 10:56 PM

I agree with Jimmy about the pink color.

No the government is not there to "serve the people." The government is there serve the people who cannot serve themselves.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
3 posted 2016-04-04 12:24 PM

The American elections are covered here on this side of the pond and their certainly lively. Posting unflattering pictures of their opponent’s wives, punishing women for having an abortion, enclosing America behind concrete walls, the list goes on.
Mind, you’re not alone; we have to vote in June to ditch Europe and go it by ourselves. Yes, we still have a few old dreamers who yearn back to the days of Empire.

One old guy alone is making sense, but I fear that the odds are stacked against him. To get a third or his reforms through, he stands as much chance as me getting an interest free loan from my friendly bank manager. We all love to dream but money talks.

I wish you well America.

Cari.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
4 posted 2016-04-04 01:44 PM

Wishing us well over here is a very pleasant sentiment, Cari, and I appreciate it. Whoever wins we will need help.

Strange, but it seems that there were only Republicans running for President. Nope. Not a peep about the Democrat side. They have two brainless people trying to sit in that chair in the White House. One is a radical left wing ideology who would turn us into a third world country very quickly. The other one is a COMPLETE liar, and is due to be personally interviewed about those lost emails, and the ones still around, by the head of the FBI no less. Eh . . . Wonder Why you chose to spotlight only Trump, (not by name though) who I have already voted for in Louisiana's primary election.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
5 posted 2016-04-04 04:34 PM

I was simply replying to the post ‘Government Supposed to Serve the People? Although who you choose as your president reflects on the rest of the world, it’s the way things are and so we all hope you will choose wisely.

Returning to the post, I can only see one candidate who comes even close to ‘serving the people’ and that’s Sanders; the rest appear to be bought by the vast corporate interests who have invested millions to get the result they want.  

Anyway we all have to wait and see.  

Cari.

Ari Squire
Posts 488
In The Phallus Lane
6 posted 2016-04-05 02:12 PM

You relate as though the "government" was an individual. Personally (though you didn't ask), I keep my own calendar and feel every like-minded soul should have one or more of them for themselves.

More feelings and fewer words please

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2016-04-05 05:30 PM

This is an interesting post..
"Isn't the Government Supposed to Serve the People?"

Yup, it is the people serving people..in the best intrest of all. Not just a few, but all equally.  

But it is so big, that at times it implodes...and the results of that implosian is about to commence.

It is not a buisness..Dump Trump
It cannot progress, and be made whole
by a centrist--Dump Hillary
It is not a theocricy--Dump Cruz...

That leaves Sanders, and Kasich..

I do not agree with Kacsich on many issues, and believe that Sanders stands up for my values..

But both are gentlemen, and act diplomatic-presidential

Lets see what happens..

Thank you for your post, DG

"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Isn't the Government Supposed to Serve the People?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary