navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » I Will Not Vote For Hillary
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Will Not Vote For Hillary Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Randy71
Posts 2

0 posted 2016-02-28 08:54 AM

A series of allegations have come out against Hillary Clinton but people still want her to be President anyway.
I've never heard anything so crazy in all of my born days.
I do not like Hillary or her spouse.
I do not want her in The White House.
If you want to vote for her, that's fine, that's your choice.
But I do not like the woman and that's what I plan to voice.
There is one thing that you can count on from me.
I will not vote for Hillary.

© Copyright 2016 Randy71 - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2016-02-28 09:08 AM

I'm not either.  
Welcome to the Blue Buffet
~L

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-02-28 09:35 AM

Join the growing crowd . . . She is a profound disgrace.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
3 posted 2016-02-28 10:53 AM

far as I'm concerned - "Go Trump" (if for no other reason but to "shake up" the so-called
"political class" which so believes they own us, not us, them.

Besides, and I vote as an independent, all the other "republicans" are "political class" candidates!

all I'm gonna say to this.

j.

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
4 posted 2016-02-28 11:50 AM

I am not American so it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to comment, but just two broadly based thoughts.
I would welcome any sign that America is at least starting to get corporate money out of politics. Once you take their millions you become their servant, or to put it another way. When has big business been the friend of the common people?

Lastly, as an ex soldier I don’t think I would be happy with a president who could call on my kids to serve in a war zone when he himself had wriggled out of doing precisely that 4 or 5 times in the past.

Best of luck
Cari.

DaysofView
since 2014-04-01
Posts 433
Just A Slice Of The Pie
5 posted 2016-02-28 12:13 PM

Its scary when you have to live your whole life being afraid. We are are happy together and cover ourselves up at night and just let happen what will.  

If I were more than I am, I'd see things differently instead of the same all the time.

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
6 posted 2016-02-28 01:03 PM

Randy-welcome to pip.

I come here to read, post, and comment on poetry.

What you posted does not seem to be a poem..but a political statement

This is your first post, so maybe I can help you a little.
There is a place, here in pip called "The Alley", where anything can
be discussed -even politics, and religion.

But this is here so I will comment.

"A series of allegations have come out against Hillary Clinton.."

"Allegations" mean nothing, and if any of those allegations had any kind
of unlawful clout, the Hillary haters would push for her arrest.

You have every right to feel she is a liar.
But I need proof...well I have some "Proof"

These statistics were an average of all the "factchecker" sights I can find on the net.

Includes the catagories of "False" down to "Half Truths"

Includes public/campaign speaking, debates-rallys etc.

Ben Carson- Lies 84% of the time.

Donald Trump-- 76%

Ted Cruz- 66%

Marco Rubio-40%

Hillary Clinton- 28%

Bernie Sanders -28%

All politicians lie...

Moderator can remove this if they like... :-)

[This message has been edited by ice (02-28-2016 04:50 PM).]

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2016-02-28 01:31 PM

Lies, smies - if you've ever lived beneath someone else's authority you are going to, at times, be lied to. Cloaked one way or another. If you've never lived under someone else's authority, and you only have to answer to yourself, well, you lie to yourself at times too. I think it's more about the degree of the lie and the possible hazardness of the lie. I mean, "I didn't show everything on my income taxes"," I didn't put top-secret information on my personal computer" - (rightly or wrongly accused if it applies.)

And about the commander-in-chief comment - it's not about having or having not been to war or fought a battle, it's how one listens to and respects the advice and attitudes of one's military commanding officers, who, we hope, know all about wars and such, and is able to help one make good, ultimate, decisions.

j.

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
8 posted 2016-02-28 02:35 PM

Oh I’m sure he would get plenty of advice but as president the ultimate decision is his, so my point remains, how can you justify putting others at risk of their life and limbs when you know that you dodged the same risk 4-5 times?
BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
9 posted 2016-02-28 07:35 PM

Not a fan of political poetry.

[This message has been edited by Ron (02-29-2016 09:52 AM).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
10 posted 2016-02-29 07:36 PM

Its a choice...james
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
11 posted 2016-03-01 09:13 AM

Now I'm waiting for the opposition..what rhymes with Trump? Hmm..dump..bump..sump.. lump...it's open season on political poetry I guess.

Interesting way to share your point of view.  A gentler, kinder way I guess. Nice to read you.

DaysofView
since 2014-04-01
Posts 433
Just A Slice Of The Pie
12 posted 2016-03-01 09:21 AM

How about I stump for Trump! No matter what cards the others have in the bridge game I've got Trump! Maybe?

If I were more than I am, I'd see things differently instead of the same all the time.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
13 posted 2016-03-01 05:06 PM

What I think is ironic is that probably the majority of people who complain about Trump dodging the military had no problem voting for Bill Clinton, who left the country to avoid the draft. Oh, well, at least Obama had a sterling military record....right?

All politicians lie. The difference are in the degrees of importance. Hillary's are well-documented and major. She should be in jail. Hopefully, one day she will be.

It has been decreed that anything can be considered a poem. At least he rhymed. He didn't ask for anyone to argue the point. He simply displayed his thoughts on the matter. The responders decided to make it a confrontation, not him.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2016-03-01 05:46 PM

Good points, Balladeer, I was thinking the same as you responded. It was a poem to me, rhyming or not. M
ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
15 posted 2016-03-01 05:59 PM

"All politicians lie"
"Hillary's are well-documented and major"

I must have missed something in the news about an idictment, or arrest of Hillary,
For something major..?

What has been "well documented"?
Some "Major', accusations, yes...

But, it seems only for propaganda, at this point. It has been a "well documented" waste of time to keep bringing up the same information about her that went no where in many hearings on Benghazi. ..perhaps some illegal info might turn up about e-mails?

I have no intrest in any military, bobbing and weaving by any of the candidates.

And I have no special love for Hillary.
There are some major issues that I disagree with her on. But none of them have anything to do with what the far right is accusing her of. I want to see proof of wrong doing by her being arrested.

I see that Randy does not like critiques, and so I didn't post one.

The words he wrote were in somewhat of a poetry form,  but i have to admit that I think they were posted only as a political rant.

ice

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
16 posted 2016-03-01 07:54 PM

Quote.
What I think is ironic is that probably the majority of people who complain about Trump dodging the military had no problem voting for Bill Clinton, who left the country to avoid the draft. Oh, well, at least Obama had a sterling military record....right?

Probably is an assumption nothing more. There’s no evidence of those who are not Trump supporters voted for Clinton.

Clinton as I understand organised demonstrations against the war on two occasions which is somewhat different to Trumps explanation, but no matter my point still remains i.e. how can you be responsible for sending thousands into a war zone when you have, on five separate occasions, wriggled out of the same  call to arms.

If you want to play the hero you have to put some hard cash in the pot, words aren’t enough.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
17 posted 2016-03-03 02:53 PM

Did Hillary lie about the video being the cause of Benghazi?

According to four separate family members of the Americans slain in the September 11, 2012 terrorist assault on the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton privately blamed the attack on an online anti-Islam video. She did so days after she knew, according to her own words, that the deadly raid "had nothing to with the film. It was a planned attack -- not a protest." The Benghazi families' memories are consistent and specific, with one account of the interaction having been recorded in a journal at the time.

Asked point blank whether these accounts are true last month, Hillary said "no," without a substantive follow-up.  She doubled down when pressed further in New Hampshire over the holidays:

Sun Columnist Tom McLaughlin said she told an Egyptian diplomat the Benghazi attack was planned and not a protest but that she told family members of the deceased that the attack was the result of a demonstration. He said she then told George Stephanopoulos that she didn't tell the families the attack was a demonstration about a film. "Somebody is lying," said McLaughlin."Who is it? Clinton replied, "Not me, that's all I can tell you." At the time, Clinton said, everyone was emotionally distraught. She said some families didn't know their sons were working for the CIA or were in Benghazi. Clinton said the information she had about the attack was from the intelligence community.

Hillary also made the following comment, AFTER having e-mailed her daughter, stating that Benghazi was caused by a terrorist attack...

"This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country," she said. "We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives of those brave men. We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies over an awful Internet video that we had nothing to do with."

Did she lie about knowing of requests for addition security for Banghazi?

“The specific security requests pertaining to Benghazi, you know were handled by the security professionals in the department,” Clinton told Congress in January. “I didn’t see those requests, they didn’t come to me, I didn’t approve them, I didn’t deny them.”

Then....

“On April 19, 2012, the response cable from the Department of State to Embassy Tripoli, bearing Secretary Clinton’s signature, acknowledges Ambassador Cretz’s request for additional security but instead articulates a plan to scale back security assets for the U.S. Mission in Libya, including the Benghazi Mission,” the House report says.

Did she lie about landing under sniper fire when, in actuality, she received a parade?

(CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton said she "misspoke" last week when she gave a dramatic description of her arrival in Bosnia 12 years ago, recounting a landing under sniper fire.

Clinton was responding to a question Monday from the Philadelphia Daily News' editorial board about video footage of the event that contradicted her assertion that her group "ran with our heads down" from the plane to avoid sniper fire at the Tuzla Air Base.

Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for rival Sen. Barack Obama's campaign, said the Bosnia claim was part of "a growing list of instances in which Sen. Clinton has exaggerated her role in foreign and domestic policymaking."

Clinton told the paper's editorial board it was a "minor blip." Video Watch how Clinton described her trip »

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement," she said.

Well, maybe you are right, Ice. She doesn't lie. She misspeaks, misstates. Believe me, these are two small incidents. We haven't even gotten to her sot-so-secret second server, which she used only for personal correspondence (over 80,000 PERSONAL missives. You can type in Hillary Clinton lies and get quite an eye-opening of things you claim to have missed. You want indictments? Stand by. If a republican wins the election, you will get them. If Hillary wins they will all magically go away.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
18 posted 2016-03-03 04:10 PM

Thank you, Balladeer.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
19 posted 2016-03-04 12:32 PM

Balladeer-
What you said in your reply has been studied in length by me.
I respect your words, but need to shed a different light on its content..
Like I said, I am not a great Hillary supporter... Neither am I, a hater.
I try to find the unbiased truth in important political, and social matters.

In a previous post, I showed the information that fact checkers have found..
I contest even those, until I look deeper into the statements that have been classified as lies..
Some are small ,and petty--the half truths don't matter much--but still matter.
Absolute lies made up to make opponents look bad...gain my full attention..

"Did Hillary lie about the video being the cause of Benghazi?"
Actually, I cannot find any real information that says that she did.
If anyone has a transcript, or video showing her saying that--exactly, word for word,
please post the link. Please, nothing from Brietbart, Limbaugh, or Levine.
.I don't have time to waste.
On a few transcripts, she said that "some are saying the attack was a reaction to a film"
Which is exactly what the CIA was saying in the first few hours, and days, after the attack.
According to four separate family members of the Americans slain in the
September 11, 2012 terrorist assault on the US diplomatic compound
in Benghazi, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton privately blamed the attack
on an online anti-Islam video. She did so days after she knew,
according to her own words, that the deadly raid "had nothing to with the film
It was a planned attack -- not a protest." The Benghazi families' memories
are consistent and specific, with one account of the interaction having been
recorded in a journal at the time.
If their is a transcript of that "journal" I would like to see it. please post the link.
If this is hearsay, or real--it will be somewhere on the net.
Asked point blank whether these accounts are true last month, Hillary said "no,"
without a substantive follow-up.  She doubled down when pressed further
in New Hampshire over the holidays:
"No" was her answer..not a comprehensive answer..but opens her up to conjecture.
"Sun Columnist Tom McLaughlin said she told an Egyptian diplomat the Benghazi attack
was planned and not a protest but that she told family members of the deceased
that the attack was the result of a demonstration. He said she then told
George Stephanopoulos that she didn't tell the families the attack was a demonstration
about a film. "Somebody is lying," said McLaughlin."Who is it? Clinton replied,
"Not me, that's all I can tell you." At the time, Clinton said, everyone was emotionally distraught.
She said some families didn't know their sons were working for the CIA or were in Benghazi.
Clinton said the information she had about the attack was from the intelligence community."
Yes, the" intelligence community" was the CIA.
From the Conway Sun, interview, that I believe you are quoting from...Clinton said...

"What happened is people were doing the best they could with information that was changing,"
said Clinton. "The CIA wrote and approved the talking points that were used.
It was also true that from Egypt to Tunisia to Pakistan, the video was the primary spark
that was sending people into protesting against our facilities.
All of this was happening simultaneously."

"Hillary also made the following comment, AFTER having e-mailed her daughter,
stating that Benghazi was caused by a terrorist attack...
"This has been a difficult week for the State Department and for our country,"
she said. "We’ve seen the heavy assault on our post in Benghazi that took the lives
of those brave men. "
This was a private e-mail to her daughter, the night of the attack.
It shows a disagreement with the CIA information...
she was right, as she stated in the e-mail, that her personal opinion was
"that the attack was launched by "an Al Queda-like group."
Even though it could have been both, an "Al Queda" attack alone,
And one also aligned with the "film" guess made by the CIA.
" We’ve seen rage and violence directed at American embassies
over an awful Internet video that we had nothing to do with."
This is true...There was "rage , and violence", in other parts of the Mideast--
protesting the video..Mostly in Pakistan, and Egypt.
"Did she lie about knowing of requests for addition security for Benghazi?"

That information has to be in her e-mails somewhere, but probably listed
as non consequential by the agenda driven republicans scouring her e-mails
for things that might put here in a bad light.
But if you have proof of a lie here, please post the link.
This is a gray area, one would have to go all the way back to examine the vote
against additional funds asked for by the State department, for embassy security
that was denied  by both parties

“The specific security requests pertaining to Benghazi, you know were handled
by the security professionals in the department,”
Clinton told Congress in January. “I didn’t see those requests,
they didn’t come to me, I didn’t approve them, I didn’t deny them.”
Again, I want to see if she got the e-mails...That should be easy, or maybe not..
They may have been deleted?  But if the e-mails existed, the ten or so times she was grilled
in the witch hunt ummm "conferences" would have brought that to light.
As I said, I do not guess at things--I want to see proof, and not political spin..
Then....

“On April 19, 2012, the response cable from the Department of State to Embassy Tripoli,
bearing Secretary Clinton’s signature, acknowledges Ambassador Cretz’s request
for additional security but instead articulates a plan to scale back security assets
for the U.S. Mission in Libya, including the Benghazi Mission,” the House report says."

The state departments budget wasn't cut, as I said before..the request for additional money
was turned down by a vote in the congress..Clinton could not send money that was not available.
"Did she lie about landing under sniper fire when, in actuality, she received a parade?"
A badly put statement, yes... a half truth (mis)statement, There were snipers all over that area, but
they were not firing at, or over her..a lie?
Not a good thing to say..Just like , but not as bad as, President Bushes statement
of "mission, accomplished" on the aircraft carrier" A political, Hollywood type stunt. A lie?.
Well, maybe you are right, Ice. She doesn't lie. She misspeaks, misstates.

Believe me, these are two small incidents. We haven't even gotten to her not-so-secret second server,
which she used only for personal correspondence (over 80,000 PERSONAL missives.
You can type in Hillary Clinton lies and get quite an eye-opening of things you claim to have missed.
You want indictments? Stand by. If a republican wins the election,
you will get them. If Hillary wins they will all magically go away.

I agree, but I don't want indictment, I want the truth..
That separates me from those who seek to bolster their agenda
by exposing how much they hate those that they oppose.

I believe the truth will not phase the haters..if found--it might prove them wrong,
so after exposure, they will make some other windmill up to charge.

Peace to you, and to all that you love.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
20 posted 2016-03-06 03:03 AM

With all due respect, Ice, you seem to give the impression that all of those opposed to Hillary are "haters" seeeking to "bolster their agendas" and, if proven wrong, they will simply look for other reasons to attack her. It seems to all Hillary supporters that anything said against her is all political or, as Hillary stated, regarding the Lewinski scandal, "a vast right wing conspiracy filled with lies."

Let me assure you that there are actually people on the other side of the fence that want truth also. I'm sorry if you feel that truth means nothing to them, or us. I confess that, being ex-military, I want to see both her and Obama hang for Benghazi, in which I find the circumstantial evidence incontrovertible. If you wish to consider her lies "badly put statements" or "not a good thing to say", that's up to you. I can envision that, if charges against her are proven to be true, Hillary supporters will simply revert to their "right wing conspiracy" chants. Hopefully you will not be one of them. Peace...

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
21 posted 2016-03-06 06:33 AM

If we are going to start hanging politicians for the lies they tell, the queue for the gallows would be miles long. You could half it by dividing the left from the right.
I wonder which would be the longest?  

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
22 posted 2016-03-06 08:09 AM

"you seem to give the impression that all of those opposed to Hillary are
"haters" seeking to "bolster their agendas"
and, if proven wrong, they will simply look for other reasons to attack her."

Not really, Not "all of those opposed to Hillary" As I have stated,
I do not support her fully, as I oppose some of her policies..But I don't hate her
because of those differences, like extremist on the right obviously do.
(I don't lump you in with that crowd, Balladeer)

Although many of her opposer's, I should say most, by observation of the media,
and people I know personally, "hate" her.
They will not compromise,  as their their agendas are different,
Even though many things, they, themselves, propose have been tried, and failed before.

"and, if proven wrong, they will simply look for other reasons to attack her."

That is exactly what they--the loud, opposing, political types,
have done in a continuous manner, to her, and Obama, from the time before
either one was sworn into office..
" .. Hillary stated, regarding the Lewinski scandal, "a vast right wing conspiracy filled with lies."

It became a much publicized scandal, (The Lewinski thing) took shape as a political conspiracy
because of  the way the fake trial was handled by Ken Starr, who was pushing
for  criminal charges for a different "scandal" (Whitewater, another joust at the Clinton windmill)
before the Lewinski thing popped up.

The rest of the grownup world was laughing at us, because the issue involved was sex-
and the conspiratorial way they tried to get their man for lying about it..
Just as the rest of the world is laughing at us now, because of the political tantrums
being thrown by out republican candidates.

"if charges against her are proven to be true, Hillary supporters will simply revert to their
"right wing conspiracy" chants. Hopefully you will not be one of them.

Nope, not this Hillary supporter..( as you can probably guess, I would support Bernie if he had
a chance to win, but he would be politically murdered by the crazies in the Joe McCarthy party)
You must be speaking of left wing conspirators..I am not part of that group, or any other group.
I give a thumbs up, or a thumbs down on  issues, no matter the body politic.

Nameste- The spirit in me, honors the spirit in you..

I would suggest that we take this to discussion, but no one has posted there for over a year, and the issue is more apt to be seen here as a reply to the words of the poem...

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
23 posted 2016-03-06 10:13 AM

I agree with the discussion forum but the problem is that you I and the others here have been able to discuss this intelligently and respectfully. The discussion forum would open the floodgates and invite those who would be more radical, vocal and insulting in their offerings. That is what happened before and why the discussion forums like the Alley self-imploded.

We have expressed our thoughts and opinions and agree respectfully to disagree. That is probably a good place to let it rest.

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
24 posted 2016-03-06 10:45 AM

Amen, friend..
But it has been fun....... :-)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » I Will Not Vote For Hillary

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary