navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » The Spread of Satan
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Spread of Satan Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere

0 posted 2016-01-27 06:38 AM

I should have sworn it off
like a New Year’s resolution.
I was seduced by Satan.
Eve’s apple ain’t got anything on this.
The sinful dipping into the jar
with a spoon is irresistible.
The gravitational pull
to dip again and again
is impossible to escape from.
The creamy texture of chocolate
melting in my mouth
makes me want it all the more.
It spreads so smooth on breads,
fruits and crackers.
I cannot resist you Nutella,
you are the spread of Satan

© Copyright 2016 Lori Grosser Rhoden - All Rights Reserved
ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2016-01-27 06:54 AM

OMG-so true, Lori

I love that stuff (nutella) with peanut butter on homemade bread.

I don't buy it though, as I am prone to give into my vices..

But my wife buys that edens apple sometimes, and then I sin again...

Thanks for the poem.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2016-01-27 08:34 AM

Ahhh . . . I tried that one by recommendation, loved it so well I never tried it again. True.

~ If they give you ruled paper, write sideways. ~

[This message has been edited by JerryPat2 (01-27-2016 11:19 AM).]

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
3 posted 2016-01-27 11:02 AM

Anything that grabs me I tear away from, but not until I've had my fill of it.

Nutella has a beguiling grin from its retail perch, but I quickly look away as I would the eyes of Medusa.

88's are better for you and have no calories.  

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2016-01-27 01:00 PM

Lorie I was worse.I had peanut butter and chocolate frosting on a toasted English muffin. Thought I would try that. And yes it is delicious. Had one last night while watching television. Five movies with Paul Newman. Better than wine. Do not feel guilty. best to you,Jo
Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
5 posted 2016-01-27 03:25 PM

Yeah I know the feeling.  Nooo more---------er?------------well just-- er?-----NO!!----Ah what the hell-----mmmmm--yumyum.

We get quite a few young American girls over here, mostly studying in our universities and they put videos on the Tube about their impressions of London and beyond. It seems they adore our chocolate which they say is different to American chocolate.
They also like the Regent Street fashion shops, our famous street markets where you can get everything you want, including fast foods from all over the world, the English countryside in summer etc.

American girls are nearly all outgoing and friendly, making eye contact and smiling at perfect strangers but bewildered by getting nothing in response, which makes them feel rejected. Yes that’s true, we are not good at breaking the ice but it takes a little time to get to know us and then you won’t be disappointed.

If you get the chance, try some English Clotted Cream, something to die for but avoid our Marmite like the plague.

Sorry for the ramble, loved the poem, yes indeed the flesh is weak.

Cari.

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
6 posted 2016-01-27 07:38 PM

quote:
"American girls are nearly all outgoing and friendly, making eye contact and smiling at perfect strangers but bewildered by getting nothing in response, which makes them feel rejected. Yes that’s true, we are not good at breaking the ice but it takes a little time to get to know us and then you won’t be disappointed".
It works both ways John. You must have tried to make a lot of "eye contact" with the 'American girls' to have conducted such a sociological behavior survey with such stunning results. Maybe they just don't understand the proper deportment of young ladies in polite society.

The English probably know better than to send their children to the USA. We'd probably make much desired eye contact with them and send them all home pregnant or sell them into sexual slavery.

Maybe I'll conduct a survey.

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
7 posted 2016-01-27 08:38 PM

Quote,  It works both ways John. You must have tried to make a lot of "eye contact" with the 'American girls' to have conducted such a sociological behavior survey with such stunning results

No there not my views I’m quoting theirs. It would be different if they could meet the real Londoners but sadly very few now live in the city, they can’t afford to.

I was brought up south of the Thames just north of the borough of Lambeth. Go in any pub. ask for a drink at the bar and its more than likely you would be addressed as Darling, Luv. Sweetheart by the landlady.   It didn’t matter whether you were a male or female, 20 or 70. Go back there three or four times and you would have more friends than you could manage, as long as you didn’t go on and on about ‘The Land of the Free’ Not done my son.

Cari

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2016-01-28 05:59 PM

To me it is a DIVINE temptation ... I buy it only maybe every two months or so. I love it either just so on a spoon or then on BUTTERED bread, butter and Nutella is unbeatable.

Ah, dear Lori, I know we should not ... but if we can keep it in reasonable quantity maybe it won't hurt us, but help us to have a blissful moment (which influences our health very positively).

Mmmmmmmmmm  ... right now we don't have it, otherwise ...

Love,
Margherita

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
9 posted 2016-01-30 09:42 AM

I was first introduced to this in Italy back too many years ago to remember. It is yummy, yummy, yummy and definitely the work of Satan.

Great writing ... Marti

"Faith is taking the first step
Even when you don't see the whole staircase."
     MLK

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
10 posted 2016-01-30 04:59 PM

Today, while shopping in the supermarket, I forgot a few items, but I definitely remembered your poem and NUTELLA!

Oh, this is a good time for a little sweet satisfaction!

Margherita

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » The Spread of Satan

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary