navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » TRASHED
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic TRASHED Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MissMarti
Posts 87
USA

0 posted 2016-01-14 09:12 AM

[/URL]

[This message has been edited by MissMarti (01-14-2016 10:12 AM).]

© Copyright 2016 MissMarti - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2016-01-14 10:28 AM

It is a sad and alarming truth ~L
Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
2 posted 2016-01-14 11:22 AM

Yes, it is true and virtually everyone on this fragile blue marble knows it.

So for all the well-intended people, such as yourself who are constantly reminding others of the problem, why has no viable solution been effectively implemented? Efforts? Yes, no shortage of efforts for sure, and we should never stop trying, as individuals and as a people.

Frankly though, I share the opinion that despite peoples' best efforts, its too little too late. We're paying the piper and he demands his due for what we have done to this planet and all forms of life residing on it.    

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
3 posted 2016-01-15 05:44 AM

Lori, thank you for responding. We all need to recycle and cut our carbon footprint.
Marti

ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
4 posted 2016-01-15 06:04 AM

I like this Haiku, and the picture.

I believe that if the myth of ever expanding economies is shown for just that, a myth, the earth still has a chance to be forever habitable by humans...if not the failed economies of the world will destroy the planet.

Nameste

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
5 posted 2016-01-15 06:19 AM

Tickle fingers, we as a people must put aside all else  and concentrate on saving our beautiful eath not just for ourselves but future generations.

May all people, companies and nations cut our carbon footprint and bring back what's left!!❤️
Miss Marti

MissMarti
Posts 87
USA
6 posted 2016-01-15 06:23 AM

Ice, thank you for responding. If we all work together as a people of this world, I firmly believe our planet can be saved for future generations. But, that is a huge IF!
MissMarti

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
7 posted 2016-01-15 01:26 PM

Thank you, dear Miss Marti, for this significant haiku and the splendid picture of our beloved Mother Earth.

Awareness is growing, but there are too many who care not, keeping money on the top of their priorities, even if it means irreparable damage to the environment.

It is frightening how we treat our blue planet, which could really be a beautiful, healthy place to live in, if humans (especially the leaders) were wiser ...  But everyone must contribute.

Love,
Margherita

Cari
Posts 411
Englnand
8 posted 2016-01-28 10:11 AM

If we are to save our planet it won’t come from the politicians of our world, their attention span is barely limited to a three month agenda.
“What are you worried about? the sun rises in every morning and sets at night as it’s always done. I’ve got more important things on my mind. My ratings are not looking good. 0.6 fall last week.”

No, if the will to save our planet if comes at all it will come from those who suffer the first affects of the creeping prelude of extinction. We can only hope it’s not too late.
We have nowhere else to go.

Cari

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
9 posted 2016-02-04 10:15 PM

So true and so sad.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » TRASHED

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary