navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Flora's Scent
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic Flora's Scent Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana

0 posted 2015-11-23 07:03 PM

I feel the warmth within you
I share the secrets of your soul
let the nightfall ease your sorrows
feel your weakened heart grow bold

I am with you now and always
know the love I give is pure
days of anguish set to fleeing
by a heart that has endured

here upon these fragrant linens
lay your weary body down
mornings' distant call is silenced
flora's scent is with you now

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

© Copyright 2015 Danny - All Rights Reserved
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
1 posted 2015-11-23 07:52 PM

Wow, what a wonderfully sweet and gentle, Calgone take me away, offer of love. That was beyond romantic. sigh...~L

Pete_W
Posts 185
Scotland (UK)
2 posted 2015-11-24 05:19 AM

Lovely poem, that last stanza is so poignant, well done!
Thanks
Pete

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
3 posted 2015-11-24 02:45 PM

Thanks so much Miss Lori and Pete!

88's friends

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2015-11-24 10:17 PM

well done my friend, lovely piece - but I'm left with the impression of a loved one that has died, or is close to death - is that how you meant it?

We all read things differently and there is
no criticism meant, just curious if I read it the way you meant it?

j.

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
5 posted 2015-11-24 11:49 PM

Thank you Mr. Beard for your reply.

Regarding "meanings", my opinion is that unless a poem is specific in terms of its content, then the reader is free to interpret the poem in whatever manner they choose. I find poetry entertaining in this way.

In my many decades, I have never made an inquiry of a songwriter, artist, or poet regarding the 'meaning' of their work. No one I know enjoys being misunderstood, so when in doubt, I have fun in my own interpretations and leave everyone smiling.  

The fabled philosopher may ponder as they do, but I'll stick to Bullwinkle when I want facts.

88's friend

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
6 posted 2015-11-25 01:56 PM

LOL - definitely agree with you, my friend (and lest I be misunderstood, the rest of my comment is all in fun - nothing "snippy" meant - ).

Sometimes, for my own peace of mind, and no matter how I interpret it, I find it "gratifying" to know the writer's intent - so I have no problem asking (by the way I don't always get answered- so thank you, for at least responding because you beat around the bush and really did not ... "answer").

It's nice to know, at times, what the impetus to a piece is - at least to me.  And, like you very very seldom will I explain "meaning" in my pieces, partly because of "individualism" and partly because I figure if I have to explain it, then I didn't even come close to making it "work".  

walk easy,

j.

Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
7 posted 2015-11-25 02:11 PM

Touche' Mr. Beard.

Alright, I'll tell you. It is a poem of comforting and not death. I 'engineered' the strokes with only this in my mind and of my personal experience.

Regarding your comment:
quote:
"I figure if I have to explain it, then I didn't even come close to making it "work".
I don't accept others failures as my own. It is of course, everyone's prerogative to do so. It was a concept I learned as a young Marine and practiced to the full degree, as was demanded. I learned many things at that time and spent a good many years 'unlearning' them.

My own reality is not poetic, I labor to make it so.

Thanks for your visits friend.  

[This message has been edited by Ticklefingers (11-25-2015 06:21 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » Flora's Scent

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary