navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » A More Enjoyable Life
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic A More Enjoyable Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2015-10-10 05:55 PM

A More Enjoyable Life

Can you identify the times
in your life when things
went downhill; most of us
can if we reflect back,
when some bad decisions
led to bad consequences;
because our choices really do
matter, and if we can accept
the premise that good choices
have good results and bad choices
have bad results, perhaps it will
help us to grow up and mature
and enter into a season in our
lives where are choices are wiser
and we can find ourselves living
a more enjoyable life.

JamesLee
10/9/15

© Copyright 2015 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 2015-10-10 07:42 PM

One can hope.  I, personally, seem to be stuck on stupid in the choice department, usually because I let emotion override rational thought.  Part of the human condition I think... not sure I would want to see in myself, or anyone else, the ability to make all the right choices.  The thought of that just scares me. <--- see what I mean about my thinking?  

Michael

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2015-10-11 09:55 PM

James Michael,I have always taught that the choices we make often have consequences and that we have to think before we make them and then be able to face any that did not turn out the way we intended. The sad parts of my own life were not of my making. Deaths,come unexpectedly within a family, jobs change because of owners failures, wars start and young people go off as needed. So many unplanned and happenings enter our lives.These things we need to face and win over by courage to face them as they come to us.Best to you Jo Perry  
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
3 posted 2015-10-12 07:55 AM

once you have made The Big Choice in life of trying to follow in the ways of Jesus Christ, making good decisions becomes a whole lot easier. That is just kind of the nature of that path if you are seriously committed. When we get to that point in our lives where we say yes to the Almighty, we wonder why it took us so long to see the light and we want the same for others. We all have different paths and learn from our mistakes. It is all that been there done that in our lives that lets us reach out to others from our more enjoyable live to do what Jesus would do. ~L
Ticklefingers
Posts 710
Louisiana
4 posted 2015-10-12 12:41 PM

Very well said Miss Lori and very well written words James.

88's all

She told me "play one for your supper Danny and maybe you'll get breakfast".

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2015-10-12 09:40 PM

Wow...some really nice comments...I suppose I could add once you make the choice to receive Jesus he will be with you to help you make it through, whether it is struggles or good times....He will never leave you or forsake you...james
secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
6 posted 2015-10-13 01:58 PM

seems like very sound advice, indeed!
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2015-10-13 09:19 PM

thank you secondhanddreampoet for the nice response...james
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » A More Enjoyable Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary