navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » All Over the Earth
Open Poetry #49
Post A Reply Post New Topic All Over the Earth Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2015-08-05 10:35 PM

All Over the Earth

If innocence
was the absence
of sin and moral wrong
and if babies were
protected and unmolested
from conception
to birth and forever
wouldn't we have
a new moral awakening,
an abundance of innocence
coming forth
all over the earth...

JamesLee
8/5/15

"But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace
today is abortion, because it is a war against
the child, a direct killing of the innocent child,
murder by the mother herself, and if we accept
that a mother can kill even her own child, how
can we tell other people not to kill one another?"
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, a small part of a speech
on Feb. 3, 1994 at the National Prayer Breakfast
in Washington, DC.

© Copyright 2015 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
1 posted 2015-08-07 01:32 PM

I hope your message stays alive. I think cruelty to animals is indeed uncalled for. However, if these same people would put as much vigor, as they do over the death of a lion, into Your message, we would have a better world to live in.

Thanks again,
Melton

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2015-08-07 09:54 PM

thank you Melton for your nice truthful response...james
Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
3 posted 2015-08-09 08:58 AM

You make an excellent point. Mother's know when they cannot care for their babies. In our society options are limited and the foster care system is overwhelmed. We want so much to protect that life, but we are ill prepared to care for it once it has arrived.
I sometimes wonder about the women in countries where they are starving and the mortality rates are so high, if they had the option of an abortion or slowly watching their child starve to death, which they would choose.
As an unborn child, I think I would prefer to be aborted than beaten to death (or any other horrible death of abuse) But that is just me. Abortion and the reasons for it is not a modern invention. Instead of fighting to stop abortion, we worked harder to make a worthy place for unwanted babies and support for the mothers, will we see a change. ~L

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2015-08-10 09:31 PM

thank you Lori for your response...you're telling me why people have abortions, which I am sure seem like legitimate reasons within their minds, but I am asking how in our hearts we can do this...I'm writing this as an advocate from the innocent and helpless side...yes of course we can do more to have better options for those who find themselves in the middle of this situation...james
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2015-08-12 05:42 PM

I think we have to stop and identify from what perspective we are viewing this...if the person believes in God I think they will make that a part of their decision...they would be more likely to go to a "crisis pregnancy center" or a "pregnancy problem center", in other words those with a Christian perspective, as a part of their decision making process, instead of "planned parenthood", which seems to lean towards abortion or death.  It is my understanding that Christian organizations like to offer other options, like adoption for example, or even keeping the baby and respecting life over death.  I can tell you a srory about one such situation:   A young girl named "Kenzie Walker", who was abandoned in China at one month old, Someone found her and took her to an orphanage, she was later adopted by a Texas couple one year later, today she is 11 years old and has already released a  Christian music CD and as she says on line
she is raising funds to build an orphanage in Southeast Asia, we can be a part of building that orphanage by buying her CD and helping her raise funds.  As I have mentioned before, there is a man in Texas, named James Robinson, who can be found at LIFETODAY.ORG who feeds the hungry in Africa and drills water wells, and he shares a story about one village where they are going to drill a well, a mother there has already lost a child due to drinking contaminated water but her hope is in the well that will be drilled and provide clean water for life, we can be a part of that life by donating money to his Ministry...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #49 » All Over the Earth

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary