navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Christmas 2013 (to all my Poetic Friends on PIP)
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Christmas 2013 (to all my Poetic Friends on PIP) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas

0 posted 2013-12-14 06:27 PM

Christmas 2013

(to my Poetic Friends on PIP )

Remembering
Family and Friends,
singing White Christmas
with Bing:
Bubble lights, Tensile,
Joy and Laughter -
All Holding Hands
Before the Tree,
Celebrating Jesus
and His Presence
In Our Lives.

Our Hearts are Warmed
by Thoughts of You . . .
My Poetic Friends
of PIP's Blue Pages

May you all have a wonderful
Christmas!

Jimmy Beard & Family

©wesley james beard, jr.
december 2013

[This message has been edited by jwesley (12-14-2013 10:33 PM).]

© Copyright 2013 Wesley James Beard, Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2013-12-14 07:23 PM

Thank you, dear Jimmy, this is beautiful and emanates the warmth of your heart, making us experience and really feel the connection of all the members of Pip. Those who have graced these pages with their beauty and have gone ahead on the heavenly paths and those of us who continue here to be inspired by each other too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

Love and peace,
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

paderewski
since 2011-02-04
Posts 287
Louisiana, USA
2 posted 2013-12-14 08:04 PM

Great poem for the Christmas season, Jimmy. It put me in a very good mood, and that was what it was designed to do. Merry, Merry Christmas you you, buddy and hoping next year will be fabulous!

~*~ Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong. ~*~

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2013-12-14 10:18 PM

jwesley,I just filled this box with words of appreciation for this poem.But the lights went out and so did the TV and the Computer. Here in the mid eastern side of Florida it is raining and quite windy, no sign of Christmas here. Your post brought back memories of years ago.(oh dear now the TV is on and they are saying a tornado is coming toward us from Jacksonville down to this small city) Any way, the memories your poem brought back  were of our family during the  early fifties when  finances were not too good. I have a list of many Christmases past and the gifts we gave.I read one page to my fifty year old son and he said,"Oh, I remember that truck and how much I liked it". So good to know that even those small gifts were well remembered. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jo  
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2013-12-14 10:22 PM

Thank you,Brings back memories of Christmas when all the children were young and eager to see what Santa had brought. During those years you saw no electronic games, just small toys and  board games, a few new pairs of Pajamas and a new blouse or shirt. One special toy and a few smaller.But all were happy and showed it with their cheerful faces full of smiles and laughter. Not like today when all receive so much they do not know what they really want.
I have a little not book with the gifts they received over the years an when I showed my fifty year old son the list he said,"I remember that little truck". So It had made an impression as large as the "toys" the kids expect to receive today.
Thank you,.Jo  

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2013-12-14 10:24 PM

Well, I rewrote that but it looks like both came through.It is odd because the electricity went off as I was at the end of that first one.  I am going to go and check the weather report again.JO
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
6 posted 2013-12-14 10:32 PM

Thanks to you all for the read and comments, and Jo, yeah, I remember a christmas in the 50's when my brother got a left-foot skate and I got a right-foot skate ... and we were tickled pink!! (That's back when the all-metal skates had sole claps on the front and a strap for your ankle on the back.

Good Memories

j.

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
7 posted 2013-12-14 11:55 PM

Merry Christmas, Jimmy, to you and your family.  I wish you a beautiful Christmas and a happy new year.

A

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
8 posted 2013-12-15 01:07 AM

thanks jwesley for the warm and supportive Christmas you offer to our hearts, i wish you the best for the chrismas days too, and for your family, your words are enlightning for sure,

have a nice day

yann

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
9 posted 2013-12-15 02:00 AM

I love the story about the skates. I once begged the man in the sporting good store to sell me one adult boxing glove and one child size one, so I could give them to my son and  his dad. The man did not want to as it meant breaking up both pair and then what good would the other two be.But I could not afford two sets and he gave in and sold them to me the way I wanted LOL  
Thanks for the memories. Jo

Lori Grosser Rhoden
Member Patricius
since 2009-10-10
Posts 10202
Fair to middlin' of nowhere
10 posted 2013-12-15 08:58 AM

Best Christmas card ever! Hoping you have the most heartfelt holiday ever!

Lori

ebonygirl
Member Elite
since 2011-07-14
Posts 2000
California U.S.A
11 posted 2013-12-15 03:07 PM

Lol...clever of you parents to give you and your brother
each a skate! Thank you for this Christmas poem.
Merry Christmas to you, J!
Ms. E

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
12 posted 2013-12-15 05:38 PM

Beautiful memories Jimmy!  Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Christmas 2013 (to all my Poetic Friends on PIP)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary