navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Solitude's Grace
Open Poetry #48
Post A Reply Post New Topic Solitude's Grace Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa

0 posted 2013-06-26 10:38 AM

SOLITUDE’S GRACE
30 July 2002

Dusk freedom to cry
tears into you in the sky
my beloved horse.

Owl

© Copyright 2013 Diana van den Berg - All Rights Reserved
EmmaRose
since 2011-03-02
Posts 1376
Midwest
1 posted 2013-06-26 09:15 PM

i can feel your tears, very moving tribute to your beloved friend.
Gale
since 2013-06-10
Posts 578
Russia
2 posted 2013-06-27 03:44 AM

And so can I!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
3 posted 2013-06-27 05:27 AM

Thank you, EmmaRose and Gale, for your kindness and compassion and understanding.  Flicka was the most wonderful horse in the world.  Everyone who ever met him adored him immediately.  I used to offer people a million rand (South African currency) if they could get him to bite or kick them.  I could never have paid them that amount or anything remotely like that - but there was no chance of that happening.  There is more likelihood of everyone in the world dancing the Highland Fling, all at the same time in the next minute, than there was of Flicka ever biting or kicking anyone. He adored all people and all animals and they all adored him back (and that included every dog he met and there were many, every cat he met and there were a number, and a particular one called Honeycat who used to walk with us when I walked him every day after he had a ligament injury and couldn't be ridden for 10 months and another called Munchkin who spent at least 18 of every 24 hours with him and slept in his stable every night, and a duck who slept in his stable every night - but not at the same stabling yard as Munchkin).

Owl

^_^
  (0,0)
  (   )
  --,,--

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2013-07-06 09:01 PM

Sounds like Flicka was the ultimate horse...James
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
5 posted 2013-07-07 01:54 AM

Thank you, James, for seeing that so beautifully.  Yes, he was.  I still need, love and want to talk every day to him and my last cat, Tigger, and my last dog, Daisy, who went to Heaven, and Rambo, a dog I heart-adopted just before he went to Heaven.  Together, Flicka, Tigger and Daisy sent me my present dog, Benji, and my present cat, Cleo.  (Rambo went to Heaven long after I became Benji's and Cleo's so he wasn't part of choosing them.)

Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #48 » Solitude's Grace

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary