navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Untitled
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
abhursty
since 2009-02-25
Posts 45

0 posted 2010-12-12 09:09 PM

It feels good to be writing again. This is a poem for a close friend of mine. He got me back into writing after a long pause so I really am grateful for him being in my life. Any type of info as to how I can improve this poems and my poems in general is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Untitled
Through your eyes I see your pain
But through your heart I see love and hope
Through your tears I see your life
But through your laugh I see the light.
Through your screams I see the truth,
And through your joy, I see I can't live without you.

© Copyright 2010 Abigail Hurst - All Rights Reserved
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
1 posted 2010-12-12 09:26 PM

I like the style and content. I only offer this because your request seemed so sincere... perhaps changing the verb "see" in each line to something that more closely matches the subject. Ex: "Through your screams I hear the truth" It's just my two cents... and it's worth far less than that. Keep writing... keep posting. It's good to have friends who encourage such things. Peace.

"We'll chase them like rats across the tundra."

abhursty
since 2009-02-25
Posts 45

2 posted 2010-12-12 09:54 PM

Thanks. I thought about that originally but by then I changed my mind for some reason.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary