navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Yours To Hold
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic Yours To Hold Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
FloraScars
since 2010-11-08
Posts 33
VA, USA

0 posted 2010-12-08 05:49 PM

tell me what you think please. (criticism too)
(Free Verse)

I'll give you something
Something I hold dearly
Before I give it to you
I think you should know,
Just how i feel

When I look at you
I feel like I've won a trophy

When you touch me
I feel like I'm on fire

When you look at me
I feel like I'm out of this world

So I'll give you this
Just please don't break it
It's very fragile

© Copyright 2010 Flora Papadimitriou - All Rights Reserved
JerryPat
since 2010-10-30
Posts 1991
Louisiana/America
1 posted 2010-12-08 06:16 PM

As far as poetry goes, and in my opinion, I like it. It begins by stating certain facts and it maintains those facts, or statements throughout the poem, i.e., you are overwhelmed by the person you write it for. Sometimes it is much better to let your love interest know how you feel in person. I am not against love poems, and have written them myself. However, there is a point where penning these passionate poems over and over can actually have the opposite effect that you might want it to have. Some people feel pressured, etc. Please. Don't take what I said as knocking your poem or your writing love poem in particular. As I said, they do have their place.

http://swampwriter.blogspot.com/

FloraScars
since 2010-11-08
Posts 33
VA, USA
2 posted 2010-12-08 06:47 PM

thank you and actually when i was writing this poem it was to help me to tell that person how i felt, i told them about a day or two after writing it
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » Yours To Hold

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary