navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » An Inspired Melody
Open Poetry #46
Post A Reply Post New Topic An Inspired Melody Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH

0 posted 2010-12-03 04:37 AM

Ya give me might
when my smile ain’t right
You give me light
when I seem
To have lost my insight
You give me mirth,
A   re-birth,
Baby, you’ve planted your seed

When I tire of small games and greed,
  Becoming  overwrought with emotional fatigue,
  Then comes a fact,
  A warmth, an imaginary pat
  And I know at that
  That  
  You’re within  me.
  You’re within me.

Whether you’re a spirit in the sky
Or a wind that’s gone wise,
A smokeless trail
that I inhale,
You give me fight.
You give me breath,
Baby, you give me light.

Ya give me might
when my smile ain’t right
You give me light
when I seem
To have lost my insight
You give me mirth,
A   re-birth,
Baby, you give me life.

You give me life.

~cathy

[This message has been edited by miscellanea (12-03-2010 05:32 AM).]

© Copyright 2010 Cathy Farmer - All Rights Reserved
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
1 posted 2010-12-03 05:29 AM

I thought about leaving a note with my poem, but thought it would distract from the presentation, so  I'll leave it here.  

I remember fondly the intriguing lines in "Patch Adams" when he was accused of practicing excessive happiness.   I think this poem my seem over the top to some, but writing light stuff like this is my way of coping and gathering up hope and faith when times are challenging.  It gives tribute to support of my family, friends, and God, although invisible.  

I send my best wishes to anyone who may also be facing challenging times.  Keep the faith.  It will get better.

cathy

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2010-12-03 06:12 AM

"Keep the faith.  It will get better."

I've been saying that for about 10 years now~~ the  "better" seems to have stalled.

M

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
3 posted 2010-12-03 07:12 AM

Hi Cathy.
I really like this, it's got a nice roll to it and the hook is pure and reliable.

Good stuff!

Eric

This band's won two grammys for instrumentals. You don't know how that makes me feel as the lead singer!

JerryPat
since 2010-10-30
Posts 1991
Louisiana/America
4 posted 2010-12-03 09:19 AM

This light and airy poem can withstand the test of time and the sadness which prompted it. I'm hoping you will fly away from the pain and smiles will return.

. . . and the Raven said, %!~#&(&#!$!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2010-12-03 08:12 PM

This is ALL YOU, my dear friend! Patch Adams will be proud, should he ever read this. I myself was inspired by the man's efforts to overcome all, with pleasantries and more.

Evil lives in ineptness and despair...you and me?

We just don't go there!

mikeandrew
since 2010-11-18
Posts 198

6 posted 2010-12-03 08:41 PM

nice rhythm i enjoyed your work
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
7 posted 2010-12-04 09:38 AM

quote:
You give me light
when I seem
To have lost my insight

Such a tender, beautiful verse of gratitude, dear Cathy!

With this trusting attitude you will not give in to hopelessness, you will be blessed by improvement and overcome the momentaneous difficult times.

So good to read you!

Love and hugs.
Margherita

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
8 posted 2010-12-05 04:46 AM

nakdthoughts,
   It is good to hear from you.  You've always been one of my favorites.  I wish I could say the magic words to make difficult challenges go away.  I've come to the conclusion that sometimes they just don't, or at least, it seems to take an awfully long time!    I wrote a song that helps distract me somewhat from troubled times.  My favorite line goes like this... "Magnify all the good that's seen each day,"   Sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong, and then, something very, very small happens like someone opening the door  or a smile or even just the eye contact of a busy cashier...   Those are the things I try to magnify.  And there is no limit to the magnification we can put on those little things.

I know you have many artistic  talents.  They are quite noticeable, but under a magnifying glass, they would even set the sun afire!  

sending a hug,
misce

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
9 posted 2010-12-05 05:05 AM

ethome,

Thanks for the feedback!  I appreciate it.  Hey!  Congratulations to you and the band!   I just read you won not ONE, but TWO!

misce"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jerrypat,

Thanks for your kind and consoling words.
Things seem to look up as soon as I write.  There are some things in life that just kind of drain you, but after refueling, you can go on for a few hundred challenges again.  Then, I guess I'll just have to feul up again!  
   Have a great week ahead!

misce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Sunshine,

"I liked this:  Evil lives in ineptness and despair...you and me?

We just don't go there!"    What a lovely thing to say, but I can't say that I don't go at all!  I just try to overcome it when I can.   I'll have to memorize your quote.  It is very true and thought provoking!

Things are extremely busy for me at work, in addition to the decline in my mother's health and the challenges there.  I don't know if I'll be back on the internet before Christmas, so let me wish you a very warm, hearty greeting for a wonderful Christmas and new year.    

misce'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mikeandrew,

Thank you for your kind response.  I'm glad you enjoyed the poem.

misce'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Margherita,

You always share such gentle, but enthusiastic wisdom.   You are such a dear and a special person to me.   I wonder if you knew that?  
   I so rarely stop at the Blue Pages any more because of time limitations, but I do miss the wonderful people here as yourself and the marvelous forum Ron has built to help people share and express themselves.

Wishing you the best,
    misce'  

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
10 posted 2010-12-05 07:54 AM

Thank you, Cathy, I appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. It's always a pleasure to read you, Hoping your holiday season is a wonderful one for you and your family.

M

Prasad Nataraj
since 2008-05-29
Posts 1149
Bangalore,India
11 posted 2010-12-06 02:24 AM

Faith and hope sure keeps one looking forward in tough times. Fine writing.

"Hardwork pays in the long run"

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
12 posted 2010-12-06 09:00 PM

nakdthoughts.

Thank you.   I hope you have a happy holiday season, too!

~misce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Prasad Nataraj,

It gives me pleasure you enjoyed the poem.  Thank you for your kind response.

misce'

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
13 posted 2010-12-24 02:24 PM

It's not over the top to me at all.  Hope is all we have.  I'll keep the faith right along with you, Cathy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Alison

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
14 posted 2010-12-25 01:47 AM

miscellanea, I was so happy  just to see your name tonight. You have been missed.And yes, it often is the little things that cause a smile to spread. I some times try to spread a smile when I am blue. One time I winked at an old gent at the grocery store and he just woke right up. He said,"you winked at me.I will have to tell my wife". And me a gray haired old lady myself. HA ha. It made his day and made me smile.It is so often a little thing that will  perk us up. I love the way your mind works. Today I saw an orange bird at the water dish.It had to be an Oriole,but I had never seen one here in my yard before. Made my afternoon. love, latearrival  

Prats
since 2010-12-16
Posts 74

15 posted 2010-12-25 07:28 AM

nice thoughts... it's sweet...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile... :D

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
16 posted 2010-12-25 07:30 AM

Merry Christmas, misc'e!
miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
17 posted 2010-12-26 03:08 PM

Alison, late arrival, Prats, and Sunshine,

It was a pleasure to hear from you.   I hope December finds you well, and I wish you a great 2011!    

cathy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #46 » An Inspired Melody

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary