navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Locked Out
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Locked Out Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California

0 posted 2012-01-03 01:05 PM

You can never know
the mind and heart of another.
Whether bound by blood,
love, hate, or circumstance.
That door is forever closed to you...
and locked from the inside.
They may be a saint, a sinner
or just a great actor.
And the award goes to...

Ida Werrett

© Copyright 2012 Ida Werrett - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2012-01-03 01:37 PM

Ah, Ida, but we Pipsters know that there is no way that you are a sinner (well, no more than the best humans can be) and you may be an excellent actor on a stage, but not here in Pip and we sure know that you love animals!

Owl

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
2 posted 2012-01-03 01:39 PM

Well-taught reminder of just who we all might be.
Trust but verify?  Love has no stop signs, and we soon
learn life’s lessons, and sometimes with lesions.
Bless you!

Enjoyed the read Ida.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
3 posted 2012-01-03 01:41 PM

v. well said, indeed (and all too true) !
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
4 posted 2012-01-03 02:11 PM

Wow... this is a powerful punch in the teeth.  Indeed, we can never know the heart... "the heart is deceitful above all else" sometimes to the point of deceiving its owner.  Still, mind and heart share a love/hate relationship in everyone.  Sometimes it's more just a question of which is driving?  Enjoyed.

Michael

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
5 posted 2012-01-03 02:28 PM

Oh, what evil lurks within the skin and bones of one Ida Werrett? Only Ida knows and she, fer tha time bein', ain't tellin' . . . Heehee

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
6 posted 2012-01-03 08:51 PM

Thank you all for th comments and Diana, I am not into sinners, hell, devils and such.  I don't choose to have that as a part of my reality. The reference to saints and sinners is not a literal one and does not refer to anyone in particular, including myself and yes, I do love animals. They are part of a chosen reality.                    Ida
ebonygirl
Member Elite
since 2011-07-14
Posts 2000
California U.S.A
7 posted 2012-01-03 11:52 PM

Yes, Ida, lol, some are just natural born lifelong actors.
Enjoyed the truth. Ms. E
I still like to spell trueth with an e.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2012-01-04 02:01 AM

Dear Ida, I agree fully that every human being is a wholly different Universe and it is impossible to know the mysteries of those Universes, despite the truth that we are all deeply connected as we come from the same Source ... and for me it is a Divine Source. And therefore we are One and unique at the same time.

The concept of "sin" or "sinners" is a belief that comes from our religious backgrounds and it always reminds me of priests pointing their fingers to their audience "you sinners!" ... but I think either we are all sinners or we must "re-think" the meaning of "sin". What counts in our lives is that WE HURT NO ONE, whether ourselves or others. That is the best parameter for not breaking the heavenly laws of love.

I am disgressing, sorry. And ... of course we are all PERFORMERS.

We live in a world of duality and so we always have a choice ... May we choose love, always.

... and if, sometimes, we choose hate, it will make us feel miserable and we will yearn for healing.

Thank you so much, dear Ida, for your thought provoking piece.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Margherita

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
9 posted 2012-01-04 02:57 AM

Thanks, ladies. This poem  is actually a rather simple observation that we can never really know what another person is thinking or feeling or if what they present to us is true. I really didn't mean to drag in a busload of sinners and such. You are so right , Margherita, we have needed to rethink "SIN" for some time now.
                                   Ida

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
10 posted 2012-01-04 04:29 AM

Performers.  It's not always easy to be true to oneself, and we can't know the depth of another's being fully as it continues to evolve.  What we are given is moments that touch in some way or evade you.  Not seeing all is probably a gift.  Sometimes not seeing enough heart is painful.

Poets may allow their thoughts to air a little more than others as they scribble lines to an art.  Yours always give me pause to think, and I like the bits and pieces of your soul that I'm allowed to see in it's wisdom, love, and vulnerability.  

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
11 posted 2012-01-04 07:05 AM

Ida - well said!

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
12 posted 2012-01-12 11:23 PM

This is true stuff.  

A

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
13 posted 2012-01-16 12:37 PM

That door is forever closed to you...
and locked from the inside.

And yet, I wait patiently, hoping for the impossible. *S* Sorry, Ida... this reminds me of how many times I've bloodied my knuckles for naught.... You often send me into memories or ponderings. *S* I enjoyed the write very much!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Locked Out

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary