navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » His Gift of Love
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic His Gift of Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity

0 posted 2011-12-17 09:24 PM

The world is lit up by a heavenly light
a star and a child radiate divine love
dissolving the darkness of the holy night
diffusing a message of Hope from Above.

In amazement and joy we go back in time
to mingle with all the shepherds and the kings
to listen to the magical sacred chime
that showers humankind with untold blessings.

Immense tenderness floods our one heart and soul
we contemplate Jesus in adoration
pondering the significance of His role
in awe of the upcoming transformation.

Here we stand and identify with His heart
our spirit expands in His cosmic embrace
of our lives Jesus will forever be part
creating a deep bond beyond time and space.

We have come to renew our faith and our hope
for this world cries out for peace and harmony
always with Jesus we shall know how to cope
and find a way to stop our Earth’s agony.

For the gift of You, sweet Beloved, we give grace
joining hands with all the people of the world
singing together our song of joy and praise
happy to know that our voices will be heard.
Join the song, my friends. Merry Christmas!

© Copyright 2011 Margherita Rueger - All Rights Reserved
EmmaRose
since 2011-03-02
Posts 1376
Midwest
1 posted 2011-12-17 09:40 PM

It seems to be a night of renewal from your land to mine, the message rings loud and clear when our ears are hearing it.
Happy Holidays

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
2 posted 2011-12-17 10:22 PM

Your message is deep as the passages and the passages are as wondrous as the words. To be exalted in such a glorious manner this Christmas season is a wonderful thing to see.

~*~ If they give you lined paper, write sideways. ~*~

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
3 posted 2011-12-17 10:37 PM

I read to/with my youngest child, nightly.  It is something I've done with all of my children, starting 18 years ago...I shared this poem with him.  Thank you for this...  
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
4 posted 2011-12-18 12:31 PM

Margherita, whilst I find it very easy to come close to Jesus of today, so often the Christmas story seems to me like a distant tale of long ago.  Your poem, took me right back there in a very real and sacred way.  This must be the Christmas poem you have been wanting to write.  Thank you so very much for this.  

Owl

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
5 posted 2011-12-18 03:34 AM

hello margherita, sometimes we lose faith and don't know what to think but your poem has divine grace and makes consider the gift of tenderness,  
sweetness floods...I love the hope and brilliance of your words as Christmas come to next,

happy christmas

yann

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
6 posted 2011-12-18 05:59 AM

Thank you, dear EmmaRose, for listening to the message together with me and for diffusing it with your loving kindness. Enjoyed your comment.

Dear Jerry, I am grateful for your loving comment. In this world full of turmoil it's sometimes difficult to remain in silence to listen to the divine message of Love. To celebrate Christmas is to celebrate Love.

Dear Nicole, it pleases my heart that you choose to read my words to your child. Thank you so much. It is a wonderful habit to read to/with our children and grandchildren. May we always find the time! They do enjoy it so much. It happened to me to observe my grandchildren fighting the sandman just to listen a little longer and enjoy the warmth of being together.

Thank you so much, dear Diana, for your loving comment. Yes, this is the poem I wanted to write (though of course, like always, I am not fully satisfied with the outcome!). I gave birth to it in the silent hours of the night and when my husband got up at 3am and found me still awake he said I was "crazy" ... well I love the craziness of creativity when it visits us ... at whatever time! I love the idea of moving back in time to be there in that incredibly precious moment when Jesus arrived among us to spread His message of Love.

Dear Yann, thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I meditated and prayed for inspiration and if I got the message through, then I am very grateful. We are so badly in need to reach out with Love and Trust in the divine guidance to rediscover our common divine Source and see it in all of our brothers and sisters, with the intent to make this world a happier place to live in.

Love and joy on this 4th Sunday of Advent!

Margherita

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
7 posted 2011-12-18 12:40 PM

The kindness in your heart pours out in your writings, this one is no exception.  It's beautiful Margherita.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

Echo Bleu
since 2011-12-09
Posts 19

8 posted 2011-12-18 03:18 PM

I love this poem you wrote. You wrote it very nicely and inspires me to write more poems. I really did like it, your a great poet!

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
9 posted 2011-12-19 12:58 PM

Beautiful...the picture and the poem would fit nicely onto a Christas card...James
ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
10 posted 2011-12-19 06:33 AM

The poem is very beautiful, dear Margherita.
The world needs to read this all year 'round, instead of just at Christmas time.The spirit message of Jesus need be in our minds at all times, brought to the surface, up from its ever presense in our hearts.
You have brought that presense to my surface with this poem, and for a moment, ( in a way) have stayed my subjected confusion on the Christo centric issue.

because
"Poetry is a momentary stay against confusion"  Auden

Thank you

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
11 posted 2011-12-21 11:08 AM

Thank you, dear JL, for your loving kindness and for perceiving mine (when it is expressed in blessed moments   ). I enjoyed your comment.

Thank you, dear Echo Bleu, for you loving reply. It is a joy to hear that you feel inspired to write. Yes, never stop!

Dear James, yes, thank you, I do use it to send my Christmas wishes to those of my friends who speak English. I need to render my thoughts now also in German, Italian and French. But will I be on time? Maybe next year!  

What a loving, as well as interesting comment, dear Ford! Thank you, for always paying deeper attention when you read here. To have Christ consciousness at all times is a wonderful gift indeed and it feels good to express it in special moments, such as Christmas.

Love and joy filled anticipation.
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
12 posted 2011-12-22 09:47 AM

This is gorgeous... and just what my soul needed this morning. Poem and picture make a beautiful presentation... this is truly a blessing to read, enjoy and  yes... to sing along! *S*
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
13 posted 2011-12-23 05:17 AM

Your most loving comment brought a warm smile this morning to me, dear Ruth! Thank you!
Love,
Margherita

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
14 posted 2011-12-27 04:28 AM

beautifully written - his gift of love it surely is

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
15 posted 2011-12-27 05:50 PM

You have inspired me - and I am singing.  

xooxxo
Alison

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
16 posted 2011-12-29 10:06 AM

Thank you so much, dear Tracie and dear Alison, for telling me you appreciated this.

Love,
Margherita

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » His Gift of Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary