navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Pepi & Tess
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pepi & Tess Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2011-09-27 09:07 PM

Pepi & Tess

Now I know and you know that dogs can't talk, right?  But once upon a time there was a dog that lived in Switzerland that could  and should you ever meet this dog he would say "Hi my name is Pepi, whats's yours." in Swiss of course, to which most people would be put off thinking "dogs can't talk." and so they'd start looking around seeing if someone was playing tricks on them, because everybody knows that dogs can't talk, so they say, but this one could.  One day Pepi met a cute female dog named Tess, the same breed as he.  She liked Pepi and they enjoyed intimate chihuahua conversations of fleas & dog biscuits & sweet romantic bliss, but Tess, having observed Pepi speaking Swiss, wanted to speak Swiss also so she could say sweet words of Swiss love in Pepi's ears.  So Pepi sent Tess to a Swiss language School far away in the Swiss Alps.  The days that followed were hard days for Pepi and Tess for they were living in the desires of love, and to be separated presented them with days of yearning for the closeness of love.  Days and weeks and months passed and Pepi and Tess found that absence does make the heart grow fonder for those that understand the beauty of love, those that know that love will continue to grow whether together or apart in two sincere and loving hearts.   Finally it was graduation day and Pepi & Tess would soon be reunited and Tess had learned many romantic words of Swiss to say to Pepi and should you wonder what those words would be;  they would be spoken in German and French and Italian and Romansh, for in the Swiss National Language all of these languages are spoken.  So I will leave it to your imagination if the words were spoken in German or French or Italian or Romansh, but I will tell you some of the first romantic words that Tess spoke to Pepi in my English version.  She said "I love you Pepi" and to this Pepi responded "I love you more."  Of course these words were spoken by them in Swiss.  And that was just the beginning of the expressions of love that would grow deeper upon each new Swiss day.
"More than yesterday, less than tomorrow."

JamesLee
25September

If you want to see a good dog movie
check out "It's A Dog's Life"...1955

© Copyright 2011 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2011-09-28 01:58 AM

I absolutely LOVE this, James, and just HAD to reply to it right now in case it got whisked away to the Prose forum. Pepi and Tess are precious little darlings.  Just one little correction, though it would spoil your write, but just for understanding - or rather, not a correction, but something in parenthesis "everyone knows that dogs can't talk (except some - for example, Owl, Margherita, Suthern, Martie, Word Weaver, JerryPat, Dr DooLittle and others, KNOW that dogs CAN talk)."

Owl

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2011-09-30 09:57 PM

Wishing Pepi & Tess the best of luck! *S* I enjoyed their story.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2011-10-16 01:08 AM

Thank you Owl and Suthern...of course this is not a true story, let us say it was written in a whimsical style, and some of the statements are oxymorons...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Pepi & Tess

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary