navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Here but Gone
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Here but Gone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced

0 posted 2011-09-21 02:08 AM

After 12 years, does anyone really know me?
Will you wait till I'm gone to say things
that you would have never said
under prior angel wings
or whatever the season brings?

That's fine, since i am not really here
until I am suicidal and want someone
to say one word to keep me here
and out of all my fear
and DUI reverie, see,
it's no fun.

So hello to whatever someone might be here.
Here but gone in spite of anything at all.

See, whatever anyone says to me in reply,
I'm not gonna make it through the fall.

© Copyright 2011 Dixie Lee Bullington - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2011-09-21 04:32 AM

Beloved Dixie, here but gone, I will just send you a big hug. When you are not here you are missed. Your poetry is powerful, beautiful, poignant, like this one.

About knowing each other I will say that it is difficult to perfectly know each other, we are different worlds individually, even though we are part of the Whole, thus One.

Just read an opinion by Raimon Panikkar about this in French, will give both versions:

On ne peut pas bien connaƮtre si on n'aime pas. On ne peut pas bien aimer sans connaƮtre.

It's not easy to know each other without loving each other. It's not easy to love each other without knowing each other

So love and knowledge go hand in hand, I would say.

Love and hugs.
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

2 posted 2011-09-21 10:33 AM

If you can write poetry as good as you do then you can get through anything...you are a bright star that shines comfort upon many people within these blue pages...to not have that star shining the comfort, would be akin to birds that suddenly stop singing...thank you as always for the words you share so well...

Goldenrose.

Friendship is Love without his wings. Lord Byron.

Angel4aKing
since 2006-09-27
Posts 1372
USA
3 posted 2011-09-22 01:43 AM

I want to say that I should log on here more often and see what you have to say,.,,,., days pass and moments go and we wonder if we shoulda said this or that or looked that one person up fromour past, or made that one call that we regret not making....and then it seems too late and wonder if they think of us at all...I can relate...take care!!!

~~~kingsangel~~~

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
4 posted 2011-09-22 04:49 AM

Just an ounce of faith will bring oceans of love your way.
Really, just ask anyone here.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2011-09-22 04:17 PM

thanks all

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
6 posted 2011-09-23 12:35 PM

Dixie, I really do not think any one can really know the all of any one else. We are all so many people within that it is hard for us to even know the all of ourselves. Too often we think we are whoever someone else says we are. I always looked for friends who would bring out the best of me and told my children to try to do the same.
  I had six children and I am sure if you asked, each one would give you a different picture of me. And each friend or relative would also give you a piece of who they think I am, but no one knows the all of who we are. We show only a bit of ourselves to others as we go though life. I have always been fascinated with biographies and
Auto biographies because I do not know how one person could really know another person enough to write the whole of them. Please do not worry about what others think and go about being the best of who you really are. You Are Loved.

JerryPat2
Member Laureate
since 2011-02-06
Posts 16975
South Louisiana
7 posted 2011-09-23 06:08 PM

I was where you are now once, passing shadows. I was so heavily there I walked to the middle of the Mississippi River Bridge in New Orleans with every intentions of stepping off the damn thing. Something stopped me. I sincerely hope something will stop you. DUI's and everything else can be DEALT WITH!

~~ Those who are silent are the first to be shot. ~~

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
8 posted 2011-09-25 11:08 PM

Hi Dixie,
    I don't know if you remember me or not, but when I frequented these pages, you were always there, writing your heart out and responding to me and others, showing you cared.   Sometimes we don't know how much an impression we made on another unless they tell us.   You are one of my favorite people here, and sometimes what YOU wrote to me made all the difference in the world.   Hang in there, Lady.   You have so much to offer.   Your work is not finished.

Hugs,  Sadelite (Sadie) and miscee

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Here but Gone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary