navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Please
Open Poetry #47
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa

0 posted 2011-09-13 05:12 AM

PLEASE
10 September 2011

Please, World,
and every man, woman and child in it,
please, please, please
hear my simple plea
and stop the violence and abuse and unkindness of all kinds
whether physical, emotional, mental or spiritual
or any other way imaginable,
in even the smallest way.

Have you any idea how
exhilarating and inspiring
it feels to love everybody
and rejoice in the smallest natural creation
or to wonder at the beauty of a mountain
or the ocean or the sky
or to hear beautiful music in reality
or in the silence of your heart
or to have a horse whinny, or a cat purr or a dog wag its tail
because he or she loves you?
Have you . . . really?
Really?

Then how can you
possibly
not want to bless
every person and animal
in joyful return
in any way possible
now and always?
All it requires – and only this - is for each one of us to take control
of one self, just one single self – just one, just one, just one!
It really is so easy.  Yes, it is.

Owl

Inspired by – or rather festered by – death of many by terrorist attacks as in 9/11/2008 in the USA; insurgent attacks as in Somalia; hunger and disease as in Somalia; civil (uncivil?) unrest as in Nigeria;  fire as in Kenya; non-adherence to traffic rules and the law - regarding vehicle conditions - causing the death of a busload of children and an unrelated incident regarding a busload of teachers and many other such incidents as in South Africa; murder especially of policemen, farmers, politicians and others as in South Africa; drowning of a large group of people by overloading a boat as in the waters of Zambesi; all other horrors that festered this poem that I have missed in this list.

© Copyright 2011 Diana van den Berg - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2011-09-13 06:07 AM

Amen! Amen! to your plea, which touches my heart deeply and should indeed be read by those who seem to be blind to whatever is beautiful and harmonious and just.

Your heart, dear Diana, your heart writes such beauty. I believe we all have our mission in this world. And your mission is to show your neighbours and fellow travellers what it means to see and feel with the heart. In that place only transformation can occur.

Thank you, beautiful soul.

Love and peace
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
2 posted 2011-09-13 07:03 AM

A heartfelt plea.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 2011-09-13 11:56 AM

I know this comes straight from your tender heart... and how I wish your plea would be heeded!!
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
4 posted 2011-09-14 02:47 AM

Margherita, your words blow me away (yet again), this time, over the horizon and up into the endless and endlessly blue sky, like a free-flying kite (both the paper kind and the avian kind),  I am honoured by all you say, but so very especially by what you say of my mission.  I hadn’t thought of it quite like that, but will decisively make it my mission henceforth.  Thank you.

Thank you, JL, yes it is!

Thank you, Ruth for your kind words – and may your wish come true, at the least in pockets all over the world, and at most very, very widespread.

Owl

easy1
since 2010-05-22
Posts 1209
Southeastern USA
5 posted 2011-09-18 10:09 AM

Thank you, poetess, for your kind and insightful words.

I believe I have stored away somewhere for many years a copy of a 1960s-style manifesto that concludes:

(We affirm)
That our natural state is one of ecstatic wonder!
That we should not settle for less!

...which used to adorn my little bulletin board, before things got even worse than they ever should have.

Your strong message helps to bring back hope. Your work here deserves to be more widely read.

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
6 posted 2011-09-18 05:18 PM

Thank you, easy1.

Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #47 » Please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary