navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Dear Jane Letter
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dear Jane Letter Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
martiniat8
since 2003-06-21
Posts 897
Prague, Bohemia, Czech Republic

0 posted 2009-11-22 07:03 PM

Dear "Jane",
   After you stood me up last night, after you practically confessed/redressed you would have been cheating on who you're seeing, if you went with me. "It wouldn't be good, it wouldn't be good" that's why, that's why, you said.
   You nearly went with me again, were very tempted again, just minutes away, minutes away. I saw you were home, you didn't need to lie to me that way. It's ok...
   I'd love to be able to tell you how things went today, I'd love to be able to say, "I took someone else, it was amazing and we made mad passionate love all day" Sure, that would be what a typical man might say.
  Needless to say, needless to say, fate and my life never ends up that way. Oh I tried, Yes, I tried as I may, the chips just didn't fall that way. I tried very hard to get a substitute. Had one for a moment, my poker friend, you may have noticed her.
   She had just broken up with her boyfriend, had JUST broken up... and he went on a date with another girl, another girl. She was going to go with me, a possible mutual rebound, turned frowns, but she couldn't go through with it, wouldn't go through with it. There seems to be a lot of this going around.
   So, the symphony, ah, what about the symphony, did I go? Did I go? No, no, I didn't go. But the tickets went to good use, my parents went, money well spent, the performance was amazing, but the seats, oh the seats wouldn't have been good for me, no leg room, but now she knows, where she will sit me next time we go, if we go, if you go, with me. The best seats for the show, now we know.
   So what happens with you, now? You were tempted, tested, so where does your heart say go? What will you do? Somewhere there's an answer, somewhere, a relationship is through...

© Copyright 2009 Kenneth Bradley Smith - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2009-11-23 07:09 AM

"you would have been cheating on who you're seeing, if you went with me."

A very touching letter, although I always wonder why men/women go after  a relationship with someone already in one~~

M

martiniat8
since 2003-06-21
Posts 897
2 posted 2009-11-23 08:08 AM

I didn't know, until that night, after she stood me up, thats when she told me why she didn't go
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2009-11-23 08:53 AM

I guess "honesty is the best policy" doesn't work so much anymore... I mean being honest in the first place with someone.

Sorry you had to go through that.

M

martiniat8
since 2003-06-21
Posts 897
4 posted 2009-11-23 11:46 AM

Oh, I get by. Thanks for the concern. I continue to move on or are making a concerted effort to. Whatever happens, happens, I'm not too worried about it. She is obviously conflicted, all I can do is keep going and hope she will let me know what she wants to do, either way, I keep looking elsewhere.
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
5 posted 2009-11-29 12:32 PM

The repitition is interesting.

A

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Dear Jane Letter

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary