navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Mistress of the Mind
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mistress of the Mind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elias Nevermore
since 2007-11-03
Posts 152

0 posted 2009-10-31 04:43 PM

Here she comes, the enigma of my dreams. She is a daunting figure that haunts me in my sleep. She is vision of lilac flowing lyrically in shades of green. The more I try to escape her grasp, the closer she is drawn towards me.

There is no escape, as each breathe I take quickens its pace.She grabs hold of my heart, as it continues to ache. In my pain, I see her pale white face, with the smile upon it clearly fake.
The climax of this scene approaches and I awake.

Beauty is her name, and deceit is her fame. She preys upon my insecurities day after day. Those imperfections that plague us all in a way, she abuses for her name’s sake.For beauty is perfection, at least to her anyways.

So my visions continue to affect my views on what holds beauty and what holds truth.Her perspective and mine may differ greatly, yet the lines that separate have become skewed. Beauty is relative with no need for proof.

As I try to separate myself from her grasp one last time, I realize that she had been implanted into my mind. There was once a day where she did not control my life, so to find real beauty, her beauty I must learn to deny.

© Copyright 2009 Author Andrew E.L. - All Rights Reserved
s1nfully_1nn0c3nt
since 2003-10-26
Posts 1105
Watertown, NY
1 posted 2009-10-31 08:23 PM

"Beauty is relative with no need for proof."

Great Write!

There are places in the heart that do not yet exist; suffering has to enter in for them to come to be - LeonBloy

MorningStar
since 2009-10-26
Posts 290
Pittsburgh, Pa
2 posted 2009-10-31 08:38 PM

Illegitimi non carborundum!  True beauty is grace and elegance - much like this piece.  Accept no substitutions.

Aenea

If I don't say it...who will?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » Mistress of the Mind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary