navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » suidide bomb - the aftermath
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic suidide bomb - the aftermath Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Zainab
since 2009-11-01
Posts 18
Iraq

0 posted 2009-11-02 11:49 AM

Just by the corner I can see a young  man lying
Slowly fading away
in his eyes life was dying
Thinking of 3 kids at home
A wife he will leave alone
With no goodbye ..no reasons why
Did he have to leave at all ?

Sorry Mom ..was that your son ?
We tried to save him but he was gone
His hands were cold
His heart was quiet
I saw him taking his last breath
Before he left this world
So let him go ..he’s not coming back
For there’s no happy ending in a place called Iraq

A school bag was thrown over there
Blood stained ..that’s what remained
Of little Ali ..he was taken away
Gone too soon it’s so unfair

I found little Sarah's teddy bear
But I cant find her body any where
Guess it was torn apart
A missile ..a glass shell stabbed her heart
We’ll bury tonight ..what we can find
And  tomorrow they’ll be forgotten
Cause another bomb will go off near by
So make no plans ..it might be your turn to die
Just hug your loved ones before they fly
everytime you leave ...kiss them goodbye

© Copyright 2009 Zainab - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2009-11-02 12:34 PM

Incredible tragedies one cannot forget
and yet...as you say, day after day it is happening, and many people just go numb to the constant violence of our world.

May the lost spirits rest in peace in a kinder gentler space in the cosmos.

We have to find our way to compassion and the knowledge we are all one.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2009-11-02 01:02 PM

As I read your work, I have to really wonder why this continues.  Our purpose is to love one another on this earth, not to judge, or kill each other.

Your writings will help a lot of people try to understand the atrocities happening that must be stopped.

Mysteria

Kosmic888
since 2009-11-01
Posts 29
Vancouver Canada
3 posted 2009-11-02 01:13 PM

There's a mechanism active in all of us... it's called the ego. The ego always wants power and control; never one to have compassion and tolerance for others... This piece is a heart-wrenching description of what the ego is capable of. Thanks for the reminder  

'we are all connected by strings of light'

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
4 posted 2009-11-02 02:52 PM

I teared up at this one. You see, I have a brother that is a Marine, and he actually WANTS to go to Iraq again. The first time he went, he had a desk job, and he was essentially telling other people where they were going. This time he wants in on the action, and even though he and I have recently not been on speaking terms, it scares me that one day I'm going to get a call from one of our family members saying that he was KIA in Iraq. I pray to the Gods that I never get that call.

Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Zainab
since 2009-11-01
Posts 18
Iraq
5 posted 2009-11-03 01:27 PM

thanx for all your replies guys it's really encouraging and inspiring me to write more . Rachel I know that feeling exactly , here every phone calls from a family member terrifies me cause it might be the one telling me a loved one was killed . we all pray that we won't get that call , soldiers get excited about fighting and getting in actions in the beginning then when it's so real they look back and wonder how did they ever got involved in such thing , me myself i was excited about war and promising change.. now i just feel stupid !
Zainab
since 2009-11-01
Posts 18
Iraq
6 posted 2009-11-03 01:32 PM

midnitesun :..exactly that's what i meant by the last part , the people are being numb , thanx for your comment .

Zainab
since 2009-11-01
Posts 18
Iraq
7 posted 2009-11-03 01:36 PM

kosmic : yes the ego of some people  could cause so much damage and harm to others ..thanx for replying .

mysteria : I too hope that it will help people to understand and think of such issues more often . thanx !

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » suidide bomb - the aftermath

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary