navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Bare Tree Scandal
Open Poetry #45
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Bare Tree Scandal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2009-10-28 06:51 PM

The Bare Tree Scandal

How desolate her limbs did rise
to touch the gray-scaled windswept skies
and into earth did roots grow deep
to purge what nutrients should seep
beneath the mulched and severed leaves
that bugs and slugs and centipedes
had rummaged through and in and neath
for all to them had been bequeathed
as shelter from the drip-drop-drip
which sprinkled down from twig tips snipped.

God bless.
Lighthouse Bob

[This message has been edited by Lighthousebob (10-28-2009 10:20 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-10-28 07:50 PM

This is a true gem, dear Bob! You are quite touching in your observation of Nature.

You make me want to hug the bare tree.

Most beautiful!

God bless.
Love,
Margherita

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
2 posted 2009-10-28 07:55 PM

Love your thoughts, and twist of tongue to go with it.

Making me work, but it was worth it!!  

You're so much fun, LB!!!

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2009-10-28 09:16 PM

And though she must be almost froze,
In winter she must doff her clothes.

Fun writing Bob.  Joyce

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 2009-10-29 10:19 AM

How desolate her limbs did rise
to touch the gray-scaled windswept skies

I especially love these lines. *S* Great poem! *S*

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2009-10-29 01:44 PM

I just loved this!  It's amazing how nature takes away with one hand, and gives with her other.  

Mysteria

Dreamer05
since 2009-06-23
Posts 30
Kansas
6 posted 2009-10-29 05:50 PM

Absolutely lovely! I love the 'twigs tipped' part. That's a tongue twister if I ever heard one. I won't be trying to say that three times fast. Haha! You should put a picture of the tree with the poem. It would add more to it and make it all the more stunning.

~Dreamer05~

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2009-10-30 04:21 PM

Margherita,

Oh, yes, please, please, do hug a bare tree, but, also, do be warned, when frozen, their bark does have a tendency to bite.

Gal by the seaside,

Thank you so very, very much for your keen observations and reading diligence and I really, really do appreciate that you ‘tongued my thoughts and love of twists’ or, well, hummmmmm, well, I know you wrote something like that, if misquoted, Sorry! Anyway, what I mean is, BluesSerenade, ‘Thank you, thank you, a whole bunch!’

Joyce,

Now, I do hope that you were writing about the tree? Right?

Oh, Thank Goodness!

Big Smiles!

I loved your little ditty and, as always, I do sooooooo appreciate hearing from you and do much appreciate your encouraging thoughts.

Well, now, suthern,

I do much admire your sensory astuteness and, I have to tell you, after your reading these lines back to me, I did observe more than when I first wrote them. Thank you for giving them back to me with a much more feminine perspective. Thank you.

Sharon,

I do agree that she is ‘amazing’ as you’ve written and, also, though I do like to romanticize her with my words, I do, I do very, very much believe that she is, absolutely, a very Real and Viable force that is prevalent in each of our lives. Anyway, yes she is, she is very, very ‘Amazing’ indeed. Thank you, Sharon.

Dreamer05,

Some folks, heaven forbid, not at this site, mind you, call my writing ‘Yoda-speak,’ but, I can confidently assure you that this was totally done on purpose and I do want you to know that I’m very, very pleased that you were able to accept my writing as it was supposed to be, fun and entertaining, Thank you, and, also, you are absolutely correct about that picture thing in that I recently did receive a BA in Teledramatic Arts and Technology (filmmaking) and, well, I probably should be doing more with it. Big Smiles.

Many, many, many thank you’s to All and, as always, God bless,

-Bob

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
8 posted 2009-10-31 02:37 AM

This is among my favorite poems here at PiP.  Thank you.

Alison

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
9 posted 2009-11-01 10:54 AM

Alison.

WoW!

What a huge, beyond my realm of thinking compliment in that I truly do feel much like the novice in the midst of so many Great and Wonderful artists on this site and really, really I do have such a hard time wrapping my head around something like this, but I do thank you, Alison. Thank you!

... and, also, one more thing, so you know, I noticed that you like to include photographs with your poetry and, so, I think you’ll understand when I say that whenever I get one of those wonderful, wonderful twist of tongue lines in my head, I hold on to it, becuaes it does so very, very much remind me that there is still a very dear, dear special person influencing our poetic lives.

Again, thank you, thank you and God bless,

-Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #45 » The Bare Tree Scandal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary