navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » the now.
Teen Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic the now. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada

0 posted 2011-05-09 05:26 PM

my mind tends to travel through thoughts from previous years as if they were just experienced in the present moment. when i hope for the best in these situations the worst of my fears finds me and brings me to the depths of deception and my memories are not what they seem.

if i could just stop time for a minute,

and focus on the now instead of the before...

maybe i could just get excited about something long enough for me to be filled with complete and utter joy and relief that the past is actually the past. it's gone and never to return because i can't relive history. i can focus on the now and be who i am with what i've got and make the best of what's to come. i can learn to truly be myself, because the weight of the anchor is broken and my mind can travel somewhere else now, it can float away to glory.

julianna

"Many of the most significant moments in our lives come not because it all went right, but because it all fell apart." - Rob Bell

© Copyright 2011 Julianna - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Teen Poetry #9 » the now.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary